Gigabyte Radeon X700 Pro (GV-RX70P256V)
- Quiet, beats most of the competition in benchmarks
- Passive cooling
A good choice for someone wanting a silent PC that can still game well on a budget.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Based on the X700 Pro chipset and with 256MB of GDDR3 memory installed, the default clock speed of the Gigabyte GV-RX70P256V is 427MHz, with its memory running at 866MHz. A utility for managing the clock speeds, called V-tuner2, is supplied with the card, but due to the card's passive cooling system it is not recommended that you run this card any faster. It can be used to slow the card down, however.
The passive cooling system employs two large heat sinks connected by a heat pipe to cool the GPU. Users looking to build a silent PC will appreciate the zero decibel level of this card, but an efficient exhaust fan should be installed in your system to move the hot air that it generates.
Our tests of the card produced mixed results. It wasn't the fastest card we've tested in Doom 3, but in Unreal Tournament 2003 it performed very well.
Installation proved to be a painless operation. Its bundled software includes the full version of several games. Connectivity includes a DVI port and S-Video TV-out functionality, as well as component output, which allows for connections to high-definition TV and projector units.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTSenior Asset Information OfficerOther
- FTSalesforce ArchitectOther
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSenior SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTUI / UX Lead DesignerQLD
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTCore Lead ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness QA Manager - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTMobile/ Web (PHP) DeveloperNSW
- FTWorkforce Analyst | Scheduler | Calendar ManagementOther
- FTSOE Architect - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTExchange EngineerACT
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD