Need to buy a gift for somebody who loves technology but you can’t afford the big ticket items?
Genius Traveler 915BT Laser mouse
The Genius Traveler 915BT Laser is a compact Bluetooth wireless mouse for travellers and business users
- Comfortable, good operational range, can be used as a laser pointer, accurate
- May be a little too dinky
Even if the laser pointer action is superfluous to you, the Genius Traveler 915BT Laser deserves attention as an unusually precise Bluetooth wireless mouse. It’s nicely weighted and can serve as a regular desktop mouse as well as a compact travel companion.
For laptop travellers and business users, Genius offers the Traveler 915BT Laser, a compact multi-purpose mouse with a wirefree connection.
Its wireless connection to your PC is via Bluetooth, so no extra dongles or adaptors are required for most modern notebook's with built-in BT receivers.
The usual left and right click facilities are served by soft-click switches hidden below the thin metal top plate of the Genius Traveler 915BT Laser, deliberately flexy to enable regular button clicks. In between is a treaded rubber scrollwheel, with a tactile ratcheted action.
The Genius Traveler 915BT Laser mouse itself is an unusual shape, relatively rectangular and with an arched top and rounded corners. For those who prefer a large and weightier mouse that fills the hand, this may be a little too dinky, although it's obviously designed more for the traveller who wants something compact to stow away in a laptop case.
We used the Genius Traveler 915BT Laser for normal daily office work and nevertheless found it comfortable for all-day use. Its operational range was good too, still able to operate from 12m distance.
One extra string to the Genius Traveler 915BT Laser's bow for the business user is a built-in laser pointer. To operate, just click the Mode button on top, when an LED will briefly light in red; you can then use the scrollwheel's push-button action to activate a red laser from the mouse's front. Press Mode again, watch the LED turn blue, and the mouse returns to regular mousing duties.
While some wireless mice lack the pinpoint precision of their wired counterparts, we always found the Genius Traveler 915BT Laser remarkably accurate and responsive in use, sensitive to the slightest changes in tracking.
Additionally, there was less of the latency you sometimes find with wireless mice when they go to sleep between uses, resulting in a fraction of a second's wait every time you pick it up to use again.
You can also toggle between 800dpi and 1600dpi sensitivity by pressing left and right click buttons together for three seconds.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- ASUS introduces Prime X299-Deluxe II and ROG Dominus Extreme
- MSI announces custom GeForce RTX 2070 Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Thor Series Power Supplies
- Microsoft teams up with Razer to bring mouse & keyboard gaming and RGB lighting to Xbox One
- MSI teams up with Sony for the upcoming Venom movie
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies