- Ensures you don't miss any calls, Works with any Bluetooth phone, Caller number displayed on iPod screen, Automatically pauses and resumes music for incoming and outgoing calls, FM radio
- Extra wires means more tangle, Music is often paused when browsing phone
A convenient and compact accessory that adds three options to your iPod.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
GEAR4's BluEye is a three-in-one accessory for your iPod, offering Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity on a standard pair of headphones, FM radio and a remote control. The BluEye is ideal for users who may miss important phone calls while listening to their iPod.
The BluEye acts much like a regular Bluetooth headset, allowing you to make and receive calls on your iPod using a standard set of headphones. The unit is in two parts; a control unit that users can clip to a shirt or bag and a cable that connects to your iPod. The top of the control unit has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack to connect your own headphones.
Pairing the BluEye with your mobile phone is a simple matter of pressing and holding the play/pause and Bluetooth button together and then entering the Bluetooth code (default is 0000). Once paired, you can accept calls using the play/pause button and reject them by pressing the previous or next keys on the control unit. The controls also act as a remote for your iPod, allowing users to skip tracks, adjust volume levels and pause music.
When an incoming call is received the iPod will display the phone number on the screen, although it doesn't support contact names. The BluEye also pauses any current music and plays the ring tone of your handset to notify you of the call. Our only complaint is that music is often paused even when users just browse their phone. If your mobile supports voice dialling, users can press the Bluetooth button on the BluEye and say a voice command to make a call. When paired with a phone, holding the Bluetooth button will also display the previous nine calls on your iPod screen.
The BluEye also has an FM radio, which is accessed by pressing the MP3/FM button on the left side of the control unit. The frequency is displayed on the iPod screen and the previous/next buttons are used to select the desired station. Storing a preset frequency is a simple matter of pressing and holding the MP3/FM button; up to 15 frequencies can be saved. Overall, sound quality is notable for a Bluetooth device, with music generally crisp and clear. Plugging headphones directly into your iPod does produce slightly better sound, but the difference is barely noticeable.
Importantly, measuring just 37mm x 25mm x 6mm the BluEye doesn't add much bulk to your iPod. It is compatible with the iPod mini, iPod Photo, iPod (Video), iPod (Updated 5th Generation) as well as the iPod nano and iPod nano (2nd Generation). The control unit can be clipped to your shirt to ensure the microphone is close to your mouth. A downside is the number of cables dangling, especially the long cable running from the control unit to the iPod. Combined with the headphone cable, tangling is an annoyance.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security - Operational TechnologyOther
- CCSenior Test Coordinator - (ieMR/ IMR) BrisbaneSA
- CCNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- CCInternet Applications Developer - DevOpsNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence (BI) Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTFront-End DeveloperSA
- CCAzure Consultant / ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)NSW
- FTSenior Change Analyst - ERP implementationOther
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational Performance ReportingOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - CMS / DMSOther