Freebie GSplit cuts huge files down to size
- Nothing of note
GSplit can make it easy to back up your important files.
Backing up your data rarely is an easy undertaking, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. But as the sheer volume of information we need to protect has grown, the physical media--recordable CDs or DVDs--many people use for backups hasn't really kept pace. So when it comes time to backup 40 GB of photos, files, or records, your only choice for local backup might seem to be to buy a second hard drive, and keep the files there--an expensive proposition. That's where freebie GSplit comes in.
This simple, free program takes massive archive files and segments them like a caterpillar into chunks of a more manageable size. Each piece can be sized to fit a specific media, such as a CD, or the program can simply write segments to fill the available space on various backup drives. And of course, it's possible that when it comes time to restore the backup, you may not have a copy of GSplit to restore the archive, so you can build split archives that include their own small reassembly application.
Join the newsletter!
The Note 9 is three devices in one.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Access thousands of movies for free thanks to Telstra TV Kanopy App
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Apple set release date for iOS 12, watchOS 5, tvOS 12, and macOS Mojave
- Telstra announces refreshed fixed-broadband plans
- Parallels Desktop 14 arrives
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies