MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Freebie GSplit cuts huge files down to size
- Nothing of note
GSplit can make it easy to back up your important files.
Backing up your data rarely is an easy undertaking, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. But as the sheer volume of information we need to protect has grown, the physical media--recordable CDs or DVDs--many people use for backups hasn't really kept pace. So when it comes time to backup 40 GB of photos, files, or records, your only choice for local backup might seem to be to buy a second hard drive, and keep the files there--an expensive proposition. That's where freebie GSplit comes in.
This simple, free program takes massive archive files and segments them like a caterpillar into chunks of a more manageable size. Each piece can be sized to fit a specific media, such as a CD, or the program can simply write segments to fill the available space on various backup drives. And of course, it's possible that when it comes time to restore the backup, you may not have a copy of GSplit to restore the archive, so you can build split archives that include their own small reassembly application.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- 3 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 4 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 5 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
Latest News Articles
- Parallels 15 lets you turn an iPad into a Surface tablet
- Bitdefender refreshes consumer cybersecurity offering
- Apple Music is now streaming on Alexa in Australia & New Zealand
- Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released
- Freeview relaunch 'FV' website
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies