Fujitsu Lifebook P1510
- Really small
An ultralight tablet PC that is a little weak on character recognition, and too high on price.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
The Fujitsu Pinion is a lightweight tablet weighing a slight 1kg. With a footprint of 21x15x3cm, it is extremely portable, although it does look a little bit chunky. The screen can swivel 180 degrees and be used as a tablet in a vertical or horizontal configuration. However, when it is being used in tablet mode, you are relying on Fujitsu's own tablet software rather than Microsoft's Windows tablet software, which unfortunately is not integrated as well as it could be.
The optical character recognition (OCR) could be better. The software as mentioned above is Fujitsu's although it does allow you to scribble comments on Word documents that are viewable on other computers. Even though the handwriting recognition was weak, there is an onscreen keyboard and a real keyboard that takes up the full width of the notebook.
In case of theft or loss - the security of your data is paramount - Fujitsu has embedded a finger scanner in the side of the monitor. This allows for a single sign on, even when in tablet mode, and it can also be used to access encrypted files.
It is an average performer for its size, posting 4242 in 3DMark 2005SE, and 78 in PC WorldBench 5. The battery life was mediocre, running for 110 minutes in the worst-case scenario. The major drawback is that it has no optical drive; essentially, this cripples the Pinion, meaning you are relying on USB 2.0, or the CompactFlash slot
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWintel EngineerQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSCCM SpecialistOther
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Design SpecialistOther
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCMultiple Business AnalystsACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTIT Test Automation SpecialistOther
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTBI / ETL DeveloperWA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC