Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd
- Face detect technology, blog mode, excellent video capture, design and looks
- Lens position
The Z5fd is a good balance of size, style and function and its video capture is very impressive for a compact digital camera.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Fujifilm was the first to develop hardware-based face-detection technology, and the FinePix Z5fd puts it to great use. The Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd is capable of capturing up to 10 faces in the frame, and will automatically compensate for the available light while focusing and following each face until it leaves the viewfinder. The Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd is perfect for nights out, when you haven't got time to fiddle with settings.
The diminutive Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd comes with 14 useful preset scene modes, the newest of which is the blog mode. This will allow you to take perfect pictures for posting online - particularly useful for eBay sellers. Speaking of which, it may be time to put your video camera up for auction. Fujifilm's FinePix Z5fd has cracking movie capture capabilities and, at 30fps (frames per second), your films are limited only by the size of your memory card.
One of the major selling points of the Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd, however, is its looks. Once the sliding cover has revealed the tiny (but still decent) 3x optical zoom lens, the Z5fd logo does its own party piece and lights up. And as it's a party camera, it's also available in lurid pink. One downside to the Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd's design, however, is the non-extending zoom lens set into the face of the camera. It's positioned extremely close to the top left corner, so if you don't pay full attention to the LCD then you may end up with more than a few shots of a big fat finger.
Everyone loves a party, and none more so than Fujifilm it would appear. The Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd is a formidable party animal. The Fujifilm FinePix Z5fd perfectly balances size, style and function, and can cope on a night out when quick snaps are in order. Video quality is truly impressive.
Join the newsletter!
So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Fujifilm unveils flagship X-T3 mirrorless digital camera
- Canon introduces three new lenses
- Nikon has released the Nikon D3500
- Canon just announced its first mirrorless camera system: the EOS R
- Nikon releases three new Nikkor lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies