Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro
- '12.3 megapixel' sensor, superior image quality
- An already expensive camera, the S3 Pro requires equally expensive accessories to reach its full potential.
Produces top-notch photos and will appeal to photographers with a stash of Nikon lenses.
Price$ 3,895.00 (AUD)
Only the most serious photographers would consider spending such a large chunk of cash for just the body of the FinePix S3 Pro, but if you already had an existing stash of Nikon-compatible accessories, it could make a good addition to the collection.
At the heart of the S3 Pro is Fujifilm's new 12.3-megapixel Super CCD SR II sensor. It has equal numbers of small and large pixels, which the company says allows it to capture a wider dynamic range for better detail in shadows and highlights. Though our formal tests showed no dramatic improvements from the extended dynamic range, the S3 Pro proved a very solid performer.
It also performed quite well in our informal outdoor tests. In bright sunlight, with the camera cranked up to its widest dynamic settings, we saw consistently great results.
The settings on the S3--including white balance, quality and autofocus mode--are changeable using four function buttons on the back of the camera. This approach reduces the number of dedicated buttons and simplifies the setup menus viewable on the bright 2" colour display.
The S3 Pro has an F-mount lens fitting for compatibility with Nikon lenses (our test unit came with a 24mm to 135mm Tamron lens).
The unit outlasted our 500-shot battery test on a single charge of its four AA-size nickel metal hydride cells.
For users who shoot with their digital SLRs heavily customised, the Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro will not disappoint. However, it requires a professional photographer's budget.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
- Fujifilm announces the Elite X-H1
- Panasonic Releases Impressive LUMIX DC-GX9 Camera For The Enthusiast
- Panasonic try to set new standard for Travel Cams with Lumix DC-TZ220
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TP.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Performance ManagerVIC
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FT.NET MVC Developer- Angular JS v1.x, 2.x and 4.0Other
- FT.Net Developer (Full Stack)Other
- CCBusiness Strategy Analyst - Financial Services - Based in BrisbaneVIC
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCSenior Functional ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Public Sector Health ProgramQLD
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Digital Delivery Manager - Project ManagerACT
- FTReporting AnalystOther
- TPDBA/Data Migration AnalystQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- TPDesktop Support & Procurement AnalystVIC
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther