Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro
- '12.3 megapixel' sensor, superior image quality
- An already expensive camera, the S3 Pro requires equally expensive accessories to reach its full potential.
Produces top-notch photos and will appeal to photographers with a stash of Nikon lenses.
Price$ 3,895.00 (AUD)
Only the most serious photographers would consider spending such a large chunk of cash for just the body of the FinePix S3 Pro, but if you already had an existing stash of Nikon-compatible accessories, it could make a good addition to the collection.
At the heart of the S3 Pro is Fujifilm's new 12.3-megapixel Super CCD SR II sensor. It has equal numbers of small and large pixels, which the company says allows it to capture a wider dynamic range for better detail in shadows and highlights. Though our formal tests showed no dramatic improvements from the extended dynamic range, the S3 Pro proved a very solid performer.
It also performed quite well in our informal outdoor tests. In bright sunlight, with the camera cranked up to its widest dynamic settings, we saw consistently great results.
The settings on the S3--including white balance, quality and autofocus mode--are changeable using four function buttons on the back of the camera. This approach reduces the number of dedicated buttons and simplifies the setup menus viewable on the bright 2" colour display.
The S3 Pro has an F-mount lens fitting for compatibility with Nikon lenses (our test unit came with a 24mm to 135mm Tamron lens).
The unit outlasted our 500-shot battery test on a single charge of its four AA-size nickel metal hydride cells.
For users who shoot with their digital SLRs heavily customised, the Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro will not disappoint. However, it requires a professional photographer's budget.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCLinux / Devops EngineerNSW
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Cloud HostingVIC
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- FTCyber Security Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTScheduler - CommunicationsOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther