Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom
- TIFF and RAW file support, nice bracketing features
- Large, difficult controls
With several advanced controls and 6.3 megapixel imaging, the FinePix E550 should suit intermediate photographers on a tight budget.
Price$ 635.00 (AUD)
Using a 6.3-megapixel CCD, the FinePix E550 Zoom fared very well in our lab tests. In its default, automatic modes, the FinePix E550 captured deep, realistic skin tones in a still-life shot; in an outdoor shot, the E550 picked up fine detail on buildings, as well as a deep blue sky with no evident speckling.
Although the 200g FinePix E550 has a bulky feel, its size gives it room to include a nice 2" LCD and a 4X optical zoom. It also has rubber grip pads on the right side, enabling you to hold the camera easily.
The camera powers up quickly and includes five scene modes, along with several semiautomatic modes (shutter- and aperture-priority) and full manual mode. Manoeuvring through the modes using the small, slightly sticky thumbwheel proved a little challenging, but handling the camera with one hand was quite easy overall. We had some difficulty thumbing through modes and options using the small four-way rocker, too: sometimes we hit one part of it when we intended to press another. Otherwise, navigating through menus didn't pose a challenge, and it didn't require moving through layers of submenus to find appropriate options.
The E550 includes automatic exposure bracketing control, and it also has a feature called Top 4 and Final 4, which, when you press the trigger, records a continuous sequence of photos but saves only the last four shots taken before you release the trigger. It should, in theory, give you a better chance of catching that perfect action shot. In addition, the E550 supports TIFF and RAW file formats--rare for a camera in its price class.
Running on two rechargeable AA batteries, the E550 managed 325 shots in our battery tests--a good showing, but not the best battery life we've seen.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSenior SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTsharepoint developerOther
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- CCSAP Functional LeadNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net ArchitectQLD
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPSolution Architect - AzureNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTHelpdesk Support Officer (Lv1/Lv2)SA
- FTTechnical Manager- Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering backgrndOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Lead - PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD