June is the month to get your business organised. Enter today.
Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN mono laser printer
Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN is a fast laser printer with good security features for networked offices.
- Fast, good quality printouts, automatic duplexing, 802.1X security authentication
- Expensive, ugly, toner can be difficult to remove
We weren't thrilled with its price and design, but the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN prints quickly and produces good quality text documents.
Price$ 823.00 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN monochrome laser printer is fast and offers good security features, though the beige colour scheme will make it one of the drearier additions to your office.
Canon's Laser Shot LBP 3100B shows that monochrome laser printers don't have to be ugly. But the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN, like the smaller and less accomplished Phaser 3125/N, is beige, boxy, big and plain unattractive.
It's larger than bargain-bin monochrome laser printers because it uses a paper cassette for input instead of a fold-out tray. With the accompanying multi-purpose tray, the Phaser 3435DN has a maximum paper capacity of 300 sheets. A further 250-sheet paper cassette can be attached to the bottom of the printer through an optional accessory. A maximum monthly duty cycle of 80,000 pages should see home and small offices through print-heavy periods quite easily.
An automatic duplexing unit is included on the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN and USB and Ethernet connections are both available. Unfortunately, you will have to print off a network configuration report to determine the printer's IP address, though this is only a single page. The IP address is needed to properly configure network printer sharing and access the Centreware Web-based interface. Users can configure 802.1X security services directly from the printer itself.
Fuji Xerox's Web interface provides access to the core functions of the Phaser 3435DN. Apart from basic printer status and options, the interface also allows configuration of core network settings including IP filtering, SNMP security and the printer's integrated Web server.
The Phaser 3435DN uses fairly large toners when compared to most laser printers of a similar size, offering a 4000 page yield from standard toners. A current price of $166.38 gives the printer a reasonable cost per A4 page of 4.1c. The toner can be difficult to remove from the printer unfortunately.
During testing we managed to replicate Fuji Xerox's claimed print speeds of 33 pages per minute in both 600dpi and 1200dpi modes. The first page of our test documents took 9.6 seconds to print on average. The Phaser 3435DN doesn't provide too many print quality options, but it does a good job with text documents, producing clean and accurate characters. This accuracy is retained even at 7pt, making smaller text perfectly readable.
Its price and its looks aren't particularly appealing, but the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN offers fast print speeds and security features that suit networked offices.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies