Fuji Xerox Australia DocuPrint C3300DX
A fast Fuji Xerox colour laser printer with automatic duplex and a reasonable price.
- Automatic duplex, fast, 1200x1200dpi print resolution
- Some colour mis-registration, hard drive is optional
Fuji Xerox's latest colour laser printer offers automatic duplex and a 1200x1200dpi print resolution. This standalone printer is a decent option and produces good quality printouts, but beware of some issues when printing colour.
Price$ 1,649.00 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX colour laser printer offers decent performance at a reasonable price. Colour in documents sometimes suffers from inconsistencies, but its print speed, network capabilities and automatic duplex unit make it a big leap over its cheaper counterpart, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX is quite tall for a standalone colour laser printer. It is quick and easy to the access the vertically aligned toners through a front door panel, but the control panel and LCD display are at the top of the printer. This can be annoying if it is sitting on a desk.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX can handle up to 700 A4 pages at a time through a paper cassette and multipurpose bypass tray, with an optional extra tray adding a further 550 sheets. This is complemented by a maximum duty monthly cycle of 70,000 pages, which means you will be able to conduct medium to high volume printing.
The printer's USB 2.0 and Ethernet connections can be connected simultaneously. The most commendable feature, however, is the inclusion of automatic duplex, which allows double-sided printing. Unfortunately, a 40GB hard drive is an optional extra. This means that to use the Secure Print function you will have to shell out more money.
Unlike many networked printers, you don't need to print a report to find out the IP address. The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX displays the IP address on the LCD panel (though unfortunately this option is buried in a mound of other network-related options).
Once accessed, the Web-based interface of the DocuPrint C3300DX offers basic monitoring and workgroup administration options. You can also alter e-mail notifications and security settings (it supports both IP filtering and 802.1X authentication).
Fuji Xerox has bumped up print speeds slightly from the DocuPrint C2200, claiming that the DocuPrint C3300DX colour laser printer is capable of 30 pages per minute. In real-world testing this proved largely accurate. The DocuPrint C3300DX was able to print out the first page of a mono document in 12 seconds and we achieved an average rate of 31ppm when printing at 600x600dpi. Using the High Resolution setting, which prints at a 1200x1200dpi resolution during two passes, the printer’s speed halved to 15ppm.
Colour document print speeds are similar: 31ppm when using standard quality, though the first page took 15.2sec to come out. When using the High Resolution quality setting, the speed slowed to an average of 13.4ppm; this seemed to be caused by continual recalibration during printing.
The 1200x1200dpi resolution may slow printing but it improves results noticeably. Mono documents are bolder and easier to read, while colours in graphics and documents appear much more solid than when printing at 600dpi. Nevertheless, there are still some questionable aspects about the DocuPrint C3300DX's output.
Colours can be dull and are often inaccurate unless you experiment with the available colour balance profiles. Even then, there is still a noticeable amount of colour mis-registration when combined with text, causing white shadows on text characters. For producing professional documents, the DocuPrint C3300DX should serve well, though some experimentation may be required.
The inclusion of automatic duplexing along with decent print speeds and high print resolution make the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX colour laser printer a decent buy for the networked office.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- FTSystem Analyst - Wifi TechnologiesOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- CCCerner Senior Applications Specialist - Brisbane basedVIC
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- TPProject Manager - Information ManagementVIC
- TPProject Manager - Network, Security and Wi-FiQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase AnalystOther
- FTExperienced Application DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA