Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
- High-quality colour reproduction, good text output, fast
- Nothing in particular
This laser printer combines low-cost with speed and quality printing.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
Targeted directly at home and small office users, the colour C525A from Fuji Xerox is easy to use, doesn't cost much and comes complete with 10/100 network card for TCP/IP networking.
It has a standard paper handling capacity of 200 sheets and a standard memory capacity of 64MB but can be upgraded to 950 sheets and 576MB RAM. A duplex unit is available too.
Separate toner and drum units make for efficient maintenance, while standard running costs for colour prints are about 14 cents per page at 5% page coverage. Our print tests yielded excellent colour reproduction and resolution for photos. Text output was immaculate. A 10-page, text-only document finished in 36 seconds, while a full-page colour photograph took 22 seconds.
The unit weighs about 25kg, has a square footprint of about 42cm, and uses 72W of power in standby mode and 9W in power-save mode. It includes a one-year on-site warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- BattleTech review: Heavy metal
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies