Freetalk Everyman Webcam
Freetalk Everyman review: We really like the sleek lines of this webcam
- Ideal for on-the-go use, easy to use
- Audio suffers slightly from background noise
The Freetalk Everyman Webcam is small and sleek and offers a good video chat experience. Dispensing with the need for additional software (apart from Skype) the Everyman is ideal if you want to set up and make VoIP calls on the go.
Price$ 98.88 (AUD)
It looks very smart perched atop a flatpanel or laptop screen: Measuring just 37x71x62mm and weighing 98g, the rectangle Freetalk Everyman Webcam comes with a robust plastic clip that can be adjusted to ensure the webcam is secure when placed on top of a desktop PC or on to a laptop's screen.
The Freetalk Everyman Webcam doesn't come bundled with any software. Instead, you plug the webcam into a laptop and log in to your account or start a Yahoo Messenger session. The device is certified for use with Skype (download Skype here), so you’ll need to make sure you’ve got version 4.2 or above already loaded onto your machine. However, is compact form factor and lack of software means it ideal for use when on-the-go.
Once the Freetalk Everyman Webcam has been connected, users then just need to load Skype and they’ll be able to begin making video calls. The head of the webcam can tilted up or down to ensure the user is in shot during video-capture, no matter where the device is positioned.
The Freetalk Everyman Webcam is capable of capturing video at a resolution 1280x720 of, although the frame per second rate drops to 22fps. If you want to achieve the maximum 30fps rate, you'll need to adjust the webcam to a capture video at a lower resolution. The video captured by this webcam was one of the smoothest and clearest we experienced. The colours were also realistic and there was no pixelation on detailing. However, while the sound was clear it was distorted with more background noise than the others we trialled.
The Freetalk Everyman Webcam can also be used in conjunction with Skype to take still images. We used the video settings menu and selected the 'take a snapshot' option, before browsing our hard drive to find the location we wanted to save the image in.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers SydneyNSW
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Security)Other
- CCTraining Co-OrdinatorNSW
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- FTSystem AdministratorACT
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther