Fred ON HOLD
- Funky interesting idea
- Not very practical, poorly constructed
If you are someone who loves to look at the expression on peoples faces when you do something absolutely ridiculous, this is the handset for you.
Price$ 24.95 (AUD)
Journey into the wonderful world of Fred, a Wonka-like doyen of all things wacky, pointless, impractical, ridiculous, stylish and funny. Their latest offering is a ye olde mobile phone handset.
Remember the days of the brick phone? Remember even further back to a time without mobiles at all? If you do, and crave to revisit lost times, then slap on a pair of rose coloured glasses and check out the "On Hold", it's definitely right up your alley.
The "On Hold" handset is a replica of a normal everyday home telephone handset complete with a spiral cord. It connects via a mini-jack to your mobile phone and can be used as instead of talking directly into the handset. From a practical standpoint, it is the most ridiculous mobile phone accessory ever made but its so wacky crazy kooky that it is as funny as hell to use.
It is so very tempting to dress in a full suit complete with a top hat, tails and a monocle and use this phone on a crowded train We can just see it now, the bewilderment from other commuters and their failed attempts to contain their laughter.
On a serious note, the device is actually rather cheaply made and the sound quality isn't that good, but it's also very cheap so for a small outlay, you too could put our plan into action. The best thing about this accessory is that it works with a wide variety of phones. It comes with three adapters which allow it to work with most of the popular brands and there are many brands which don't require an adapter at all.
This is a silly product but one which amused us with its potential for pointless comedy. If you are interested in all things Fred check out their website here.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTOperational Support Engineer - Linux & CiscoOther
- CCNew Relic Integration ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTUnix AdministratorACT
- FTICT Business AnalystACT
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther