- Stable, good connectivity, excellent performance
- No firewire, poor capacitor placement.
We liked the stability and connectivity features of this board, which includes FireWire800, but we are disappointed that the board does not ship with a FireWire expansion bracket as standard.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The striking red backdrop of the circuit board against black ports gives the 955X7AA a "don't mess with me" attitude, but if you're contemplating using an Intel Pentium Extreme Edition CPU then you will definitely want to mess with it. The Intel 955X-based Foxconn has good connectivity, a competitive price tag and it performed solidly in our tests.
We installed Windows XP without a hitch on the integrated Intel SATA RAID controller, where we set up a RAID 0 array, and Foxconn is good enough to provide a floppy disk with the RAID drivers on it so you won't have to create your own off the CD-ROM.
In addition to the integrated four-port Intel RAID SATA controller, Foxconn has added a four-port Silicon Image SATA RAID controller, which gives the system a total of eight SATA ports. If that's not enough to satisfy your storage needs, you can also use the four-port ITE ATA RAID controller, which would come in handy if you had older parallel ATA drives lying around and wanted to put them to good use.
External drives can also be connected through the USB 2.0 ports on the rear port cluster of the board, which also houses legacy (serial and parallel) ports as well as dual Gigabit Ethernet ports that are attached to individual Broadcom controller chips.
The layout of this board is a little busy, and the lack of colour coding or labelling of the front panel connector pins is slightly inconvenient.
A heat sink and fan assembly sits atop the Northbridge chipset, which is very close to the PCIe graphics slot. Capacitors around the release lever for this slot could make graphics card removal painful. We did like the stiff memory socket levers, which lock into place very securely and ensure that your modules won't wriggle out of place during transit, or by inadvertently being knocked while you work on other parts of your system.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- CCSAP Subject Matter ExpertQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking , Finance backgroundOther
- FTUI Designer | ContractOther
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- FTAutomation Framework DeveloperVIC
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DevelopersOther
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSr. IT Business Analyst -Investment banking Funding StructureOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther