Firebox Flip Digital Video Camera
A tiny and fun video camera
- Decent image quality for the price, small
- Build quality
The Flip Digital Video Camera is a great gimmick that will be ideal if all you need is a pocket-sized device for capturing short, fun clips.
Price$ 196.20 (AUD)
There's no doubt that the look of the Flip Digital Video Camera reflects its cheap-as-chips price tag of $196.
The Flip Digital Video Camera measures a tiny 104x54x29mm, which really is small enough to fit in your pocket. At 97g we thought it felt too flimsy and plasticky for a device that would be capable of producing good quality clips.
There's no complicated setup needed: it's simply a case of sliding the front cover off and inserting the two AA batteries needed to power the Flip Digital Video Camera, then you can start shooting. The camera's very few buttons are large and responsive despite the pint-sized camcorders dimensions, so we found the Flip simple and easy to use.
The Flip Digital Video Camera's 2GB internal memory is capable of capturing up to one hour of footage at a resolution of 640x480 in MPEG 4 format, while the 2x optical zoom is clear and concise.
You can view your video clips on the Flip Digital Video Camera's 1.5in display. Alternatively, you can use the Flip's integral USB connector that 'flips' out at the touch of a button. While the USB connector is a great idea and removes the need for cables, the mechanism seemed flimsy and we suspect that it may break quite quickly.
We simply plugged the Flip Digital Video Camera into a USB port and we were then able to view and save the clips, email them to friends and family, upload them to a Web page and even edit them into a movie complete with soundtrack using the software, which is pre-loaded onto the device.
Colours in the video clips we captured were bright and clear and we found the Flip also lived up to its claims that it excels in low-light conditions. We love the fact that it automatically turns itself off if left unused for more than a minute, conserving precious minutes of the Flip Digital Video Camera's 2.5hr battery life.
The Flip is available in several different colour schemes, and comes bundled with a TV connector cable, wrist strap, carry case and two AA batteries.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Launches the Arlo Go LTE Wire-Free Camera on Telstra’s Mobile Network
- D-Link Wins Prestigious iF Design Award 2018
- Reolink Launches a New 4G LTE Security Camera, Available in Australia
- Netgear announce local availability for smarter, sharper, Alexa-friendly Arlo Pro 2
- Netgear to spin off Arlo
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCOffice365 ProPlus SpecialistNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperQLD
- FTPrincipal Solution Architect ? Healthcare InfrastructureQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - PermanentOther
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- TPOracle EBS/Java DeveloperQLD
- FTInformation Management OfficerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- FTProgram Project Manager, Business Technology EnablementOther
- CCOracle Service Bus DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- CCSenior Application Developer - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTData AnalyticsSA
- CCInfrastructure Architect - IT ArchitectVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTOracle Database Engineer - EXADATAOther
- TP.NET Developer - ContractWA
- FTSenior Test Analyst (Office 365)Other
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User ComputingOther