F-Secure Internet Security 2006
- Excellent at finding malware
- Poor at detecting adware, firewall works well at detecting threats but blocks internet access as well
F-Secure's suite provides thorough security protection in a clean interface with deep configuration options.
Price$ 80.20 (AUD)
F-Secure's Internet Security 2006 performed with flying colors in most of our malware detection tests, but it had problems removing many of those same troublesome files.
The suite has anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall protection, as well as anti-spam capabilities, parental controls, and root kit detection. It gives you lots of configuration options but doesn't always explain what they are. Additionally, I was initially confused by the fact that many options were grayed out, inaccessible until I chose the Custom Virus & Spy Protection setting.
The application, which uses the powerful Kaspersky anti-virus engine, is excellent at recognizing malware. It detected 98 percent of AV-Test.org's collection of less common malware, which includes Trojan horses, back doors, bots, and malicious spyware. It also received top marks in heuristics tests, and could detect malware within file archives and runtime compressed program files; of the ten security suites we looked at, F-Secure's was the only one to alert the user if it couldn't scan a particular password-protected archive. The product's malware warnings are easy to read, too. While they don't provide tons of information, what's offered is clearly written and actionable.
Some weaknesses: F-Secure Internet Security flagged the most false positives among the ten suites we tested, and it detected only 50 percent of the adware we threw at it, ranking second to last. In our speed tests at default settings, this package had the slowest on-demand scan, although it did not significantly impact applications running in our WorldBench 5 benchmark suite - a result that suggests F-Secure Internet Security won't slow you down during day-to-day computing activities. F-Secure says its real-time protection and five scan engines - two for viruses and one each for spyware, rootkits, and heuristics - account for the overall slow scan speed.
F-Secure Internet Security's firewall proved solid with easy-to-understand network activity warnings. In our tests it blocked both inside threats (already on the PC) and outside threats. When inside threats attempted to deactivate the firewall in memory or delete it from the hard drive, the firewall blocked the attack but also stopped all Internet (though not intranet) traffic - an inconvenience.
F-Secure's suite provides thorough security protection in a clean interface with deep configuration options. It doesn't always explain its offerings, though, and is therefore more appropriate for the user who doesn't need such help.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Uber confirms massive 2016 data breach
- D-Link Adds Android Support and Launches Updated App for Omna 180 Cam HD
- Monitoring the home has become more flexible with Uniden’s App Cam Solo
- ESET works with Google to halt dangerous malware
- Cybersecurity is a Shared Responsibility, Warns ESET
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTAdvice Trainer / AdministratorOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAxway DeveloperQLD
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCMid-level SAP ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTIT Service DeskSA
- FTPageUp BAOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAssociate Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTField EngineerVIC