Eye-Fi Share Video 4GB SD card with Wi-Fi
The Eye-Fi Share Video 4GB is a Secure Digital memory card with wireless connectivity as well as video-sharing capabilities.
- Neat idea, convenient
- Expensive, doesn't work well with netbooks
The Eye-Fi idea is a neat one as it turns any SD Card-compatible digital camera into a wireless one and, when used with the supplied mini adapter for the PC or laptop, can send video and images wirelessly to the web. However, the Eye-Fi Share Video 4GB is an expensive workaround gigabyte for gigabyte and doesn’t work well with netbooks.
Price$ 79.99 (AUD)
Eye-Fi is a brand of Secure Digital memory card that adds wireless connectivity to the mix so you send photos from your digital camera straight to the web for backup or display. This means you can share your photos with the wider world very easily and quickly.
The latest version of the Eye-Fi concept brings video sharing and sending to the clever SD Card — the Eye-Fi Share Video 4GB. While the 4GB card itself is appreciably more expensive than a standard SD Card, it's far cheaper option than buying a Wi-Fi-enabled camera.
Two versions of the 4GB Eye-Fi Video are offered, the Share Video card and the Explore Video card that automatically adds geo-tagging information to photos taken and saved to its flash memory. While 4GB is a healthy amount of storage space for most digital photographers, it's possible to get 16GB SD Cards for less money — and you may prefer to do so if shooting memory-eating video is your main interest.
The extra cost is for the Eye-Fi Manager, which runs inside a browser and lets you manage the content on the card. The upload smarts remain in the card itself, so you don't need to install the Eye-Fi each time you want to use it with a different PC or laptop.
As with the original Eye-Fi card, it's able to automatically detect the settings for your existing wireless setup and can be set to automatically commence uploads to a designated website.
Flickr, Facebook, YouTube, Blogger, Google Picasa and others are all supported — Eye-Fi now works with 30 such services. You aren't restricted in the file size you can upload (though the destination site may place restrictions on them), although multi-megabyte uploads are likely to take several minutes.
Using the Eye-Fi Share Video 4GB card is a straightforward processs, but it doesn't work well with a netbook — exactly the sort of robust and lightweight laptop you're likely to take out and about on your travels. We found the Eye-Fi Manager software wouldn't display properly on our MSI Wind U100 netbook as the software's resolution couldn't adapt to its small screen.
The Eye-Fi Share Video 4GB card is certainly convenient to use, but we didn't like the fact uploads start automatically by default and were concerned that images not meant for public viewing could end up on the web.
Since the card takes longer to transfer the images to the web than to copy them to a PC, it would have been helpful to have more file management and pre-selection options before the upload process began.
You get text messages informing you of the progress of uploads and we liked the fact that with the Eye-Fi Share Video you can copy images from the card to both web and your PC simultaneously.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- CCLoad Balancer SpecialistWA
- FTMarketing Manager - IT ServicesOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileACT
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTRiggers / Telecommunication RiggersOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- FTSAP CRM FunctionalistOther
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTTableau Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Team Lead/Application Developer Team Lead - Government OrganisationVIC