Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
Eurofield Information Solutions Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library
- The added bonus of a spellchecker removes all Americanisms from your documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up.
- The drag-on boxes could become frustrating after a while. It unfortunately always sits above every program that has a drag and drop ability.
Very useful for everyday use. It takes Word's spellchecker, thesaurus and dictionary one-step further, plus it's in Australian English. What more could you ask for?
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library is a very handy tool when using an application that supports drag and drop, such as Microsoft Office. WordGenius is a dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker on one disc that makes it quick and easy to correct your documents without ever having to pick up a dictionary.
Words can be dragged from any Microsoft application onto the Macquarie drag-on that will either define or give you the synonym/antonym of the word depending on whether you are using the dictionary or thesaurus. The added bonus of a spell checker removes all Americanisms from documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up. It's a thorough program that is perfect for all Australians.
Installation is quick and easy, taking no more than a few seconds each. Simply follow the instructions by entering a name and authorisation key. Once installed, the Macquarie dictionary and thesaurus image, called a drag-on, appears at the corner of the desktop. It's quite annoying to have to install each section (dictionary, thesaurus and spellchecker) separately though; it would have been much easier to have a button that does all three at once.
Once installed, the spellchecker corrects all the Americanisms that Microsoft Word would normally accept. Once you've selected the default, all future documents will be corrected with the Macquarie spellchecker, except for documents that were created before the spellchecker was installed.
There are various ways of using the dictionary and thesaurus. The standard way is by entering the word you want defined, but with added bonuses including a pronunciation assistant that pronounces the word for you, a reverse dictionary and Australian slang definitions.
The drag-on boxes do become frustrating after a while as they sit above every program that has drag and drop ability. Thankfully, it can easily be removed by right-clicking and selecting Exit. You can also customise the drag-on to be small, medium or large. The smallest size is a measly 6x8mm and the large 18x25mm. Users can even customise their own drag-on image in bitmap format.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies