Eurofield Information Solutions Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library
- The added bonus of a spellchecker removes all Americanisms from your documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up.
- The drag-on boxes could become frustrating after a while. It unfortunately always sits above every program that has a drag and drop ability.
Very useful for everyday use. It takes Word's spellchecker, thesaurus and dictionary one-step further, plus it's in Australian English. What more could you ask for?
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library is a very handy tool when using an application that supports drag and drop, such as Microsoft Office. WordGenius is a dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker on one disc that makes it quick and easy to correct your documents without ever having to pick up a dictionary.
Words can be dragged from any Microsoft application onto the Macquarie drag-on that will either define or give you the synonym/antonym of the word depending on whether you are using the dictionary or thesaurus. The added bonus of a spell checker removes all Americanisms from documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up. It's a thorough program that is perfect for all Australians.
Installation is quick and easy, taking no more than a few seconds each. Simply follow the instructions by entering a name and authorisation key. Once installed, the Macquarie dictionary and thesaurus image, called a drag-on, appears at the corner of the desktop. It's quite annoying to have to install each section (dictionary, thesaurus and spellchecker) separately though; it would have been much easier to have a button that does all three at once.
Once installed, the spellchecker corrects all the Americanisms that Microsoft Word would normally accept. Once you've selected the default, all future documents will be corrected with the Macquarie spellchecker, except for documents that were created before the spellchecker was installed.
There are various ways of using the dictionary and thesaurus. The standard way is by entering the word you want defined, but with added bonuses including a pronunciation assistant that pronounces the word for you, a reverse dictionary and Australian slang definitions.
The drag-on boxes do become frustrating after a while as they sit above every program that has drag and drop ability. Thankfully, it can easily be removed by right-clicking and selecting Exit. You can also customise the drag-on to be small, medium or large. The smallest size is a measly 6x8mm and the large 18x25mm. Users can even customise their own drag-on image in bitmap format.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity Technical LeadOther
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analysts Wanted!Other
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- TPDevSecOps SpecialistACT
- CCRecruitment AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse Developer, Power BIOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerACT
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCCRM Solutions/ Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- TPProject Manager - Windows 10QLD
- CCRPG Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- FTInfra Deployment Lead/- Windows 10 SOE rollout projectOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTVBA DeveloperOther