Eurofield Information Solutions Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library
- The added bonus of a spellchecker removes all Americanisms from your documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up.
- The drag-on boxes could become frustrating after a while. It unfortunately always sits above every program that has a drag and drop ability.
Very useful for everyday use. It takes Word's spellchecker, thesaurus and dictionary one-step further, plus it's in Australian English. What more could you ask for?
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library is a very handy tool when using an application that supports drag and drop, such as Microsoft Office. WordGenius is a dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker on one disc that makes it quick and easy to correct your documents without ever having to pick up a dictionary.
Words can be dragged from any Microsoft application onto the Macquarie drag-on that will either define or give you the synonym/antonym of the word depending on whether you are using the dictionary or thesaurus. The added bonus of a spell checker removes all Americanisms from documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up. It's a thorough program that is perfect for all Australians.
Installation is quick and easy, taking no more than a few seconds each. Simply follow the instructions by entering a name and authorisation key. Once installed, the Macquarie dictionary and thesaurus image, called a drag-on, appears at the corner of the desktop. It's quite annoying to have to install each section (dictionary, thesaurus and spellchecker) separately though; it would have been much easier to have a button that does all three at once.
Once installed, the spellchecker corrects all the Americanisms that Microsoft Word would normally accept. Once you've selected the default, all future documents will be corrected with the Macquarie spellchecker, except for documents that were created before the spellchecker was installed.
There are various ways of using the dictionary and thesaurus. The standard way is by entering the word you want defined, but with added bonuses including a pronunciation assistant that pronounces the word for you, a reverse dictionary and Australian slang definitions.
The drag-on boxes do become frustrating after a while as they sit above every program that has drag and drop ability. Thankfully, it can easily be removed by right-clicking and selecting Exit. You can also customise the drag-on to be small, medium or large. The smallest size is a measly 6x8mm and the large 18x25mm. Users can even customise their own drag-on image in bitmap format.
Join the newsletter!
Toys for Boys
MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 3 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Parallels 15 lets you turn an iPad into a Surface tablet
- Bitdefender refreshes consumer cybersecurity offering
- Apple Music is now streaming on Alexa in Australia & New Zealand
- Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released
- Freeview relaunch 'FV' website
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies