Eurofield Information Solutions Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library
- The added bonus of a spellchecker removes all Americanisms from your documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up.
- The drag-on boxes could become frustrating after a while. It unfortunately always sits above every program that has a drag and drop ability.
Very useful for everyday use. It takes Word's spellchecker, thesaurus and dictionary one-step further, plus it's in Australian English. What more could you ask for?
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library is a very handy tool when using an application that supports drag and drop, such as Microsoft Office. WordGenius is a dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker on one disc that makes it quick and easy to correct your documents without ever having to pick up a dictionary.
Words can be dragged from any Microsoft application onto the Macquarie drag-on that will either define or give you the synonym/antonym of the word depending on whether you are using the dictionary or thesaurus. The added bonus of a spell checker removes all Americanisms from documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up. It's a thorough program that is perfect for all Australians.
Installation is quick and easy, taking no more than a few seconds each. Simply follow the instructions by entering a name and authorisation key. Once installed, the Macquarie dictionary and thesaurus image, called a drag-on, appears at the corner of the desktop. It's quite annoying to have to install each section (dictionary, thesaurus and spellchecker) separately though; it would have been much easier to have a button that does all three at once.
Once installed, the spellchecker corrects all the Americanisms that Microsoft Word would normally accept. Once you've selected the default, all future documents will be corrected with the Macquarie spellchecker, except for documents that were created before the spellchecker was installed.
There are various ways of using the dictionary and thesaurus. The standard way is by entering the word you want defined, but with added bonuses including a pronunciation assistant that pronounces the word for you, a reverse dictionary and Australian slang definitions.
The drag-on boxes do become frustrating after a while as they sit above every program that has drag and drop ability. Thankfully, it can easily be removed by right-clicking and selecting Exit. You can also customise the drag-on to be small, medium or large. The smallest size is a measly 6x8mm and the large 18x25mm. Users can even customise their own drag-on image in bitmap format.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTBI Solution DesignerNSW
- TPProject Manager/Stream LeadQLD
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Corporate SuperOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTSignalling Project ManagerOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTWeb Application Developer - NodeJSOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTHFC EngineerOther
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD