Epson Stylus RX700
- Very quick printing
- Expensive at first
Although this versatile unit requires a hefty initial outlay and its upkeep will cost you close to $20 for each of its six ink tanks, the quality of its photo prints, scanning and photocopying is excellent.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The RX700 is an all-encompassing digital photo production unit. It can print full-bleed A4 and 4x6in photos either from your PC or directly from your PictBridge-enabled digital camera's memory card.
Additionally, it can produce excellent photocopies, not only of magazine clippings and thick books, but also of CD/DVD artwork. Simply place the disc you want to copy in the scanner, place a printable disc in the input tray and you're set. We tested this function with printable Ritek DVD-R discs and the results were impressive.
Printing on paper is aided by the inclusion of two paper trays. The rear tray holds your photo paper; the front tray holds your plain paper. Printing documents on plain paper in normal mode produced slightly feathered results, but printing on glossy media in photo mode produced super-sharp images. Colour tones were very accurate and the level of detail in each print was excellent. Photo prints were also quick. A full-bleed A4 photo dropped onto the output tray after only 3m12s!
Most interesting is the segregation of its six ink tanks and its print head. The ink tanks reside at the front of the unit and are easy to access. Ink travels from these to the print head via tubes, which helps keep the weight of the print head to a minimum. We noticed very little vibration and whisper quiet operation.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Security ProductsVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- FTChange Manager, Agile, WealthNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW