June is the month to get your business organised. Enter today.
Epson Stylus RX700
- Very quick printing
- Expensive at first
Although this versatile unit requires a hefty initial outlay and its upkeep will cost you close to $20 for each of its six ink tanks, the quality of its photo prints, scanning and photocopying is excellent.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The RX700 is an all-encompassing digital photo production unit. It can print full-bleed A4 and 4x6in photos either from your PC or directly from your PictBridge-enabled digital camera's memory card.
Additionally, it can produce excellent photocopies, not only of magazine clippings and thick books, but also of CD/DVD artwork. Simply place the disc you want to copy in the scanner, place a printable disc in the input tray and you're set. We tested this function with printable Ritek DVD-R discs and the results were impressive.
Printing on paper is aided by the inclusion of two paper trays. The rear tray holds your photo paper; the front tray holds your plain paper. Printing documents on plain paper in normal mode produced slightly feathered results, but printing on glossy media in photo mode produced super-sharp images. Colour tones were very accurate and the level of detail in each print was excellent. Photo prints were also quick. A full-bleed A4 photo dropped onto the output tray after only 3m12s!
Most interesting is the segregation of its six ink tanks and its print head. The ink tanks reside at the front of the unit and are easy to access. Ink travels from these to the print head via tubes, which helps keep the weight of the print head to a minimum. We noticed very little vibration and whisper quiet operation.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies