Epson Stylus Photo RX430
- Four ink tanks, vivid printouts
- Poor location for memory card reader, slow colour prints
Epson's Stylus Photo RX430 offers excellent--if slightly slow--four-colour printing.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Epson's Stylus Photo RX430 is an inkjet multifunction device designed to handle printing, copying and scanning duties in a home or small office. Although laser printers have crashed in price over the last two years, ink is still more popular for the home because of the lower cost and superior photo-printing capabilities.
The RX430 relies on four separate tanks to store ink (cyan, magenta, yellow and black). Epson's high-end photo inkjet printers employ up to eight cartridges for finer levels of tone, but this four-colour model does a great job of producing bright, vivid, colour-accurate photo prints. Epson attributes this to some impressive engineering within the print heads. The heads incorporate Variable Size Dot Technology (VSDT) and Epson MicroPeizo Technology, where the printer is able to produce incredibly small ink droplets to increase resolution and colour accuracy.
The machine boasts a 5760 x 1440 dpi (optimised) resolution for printing and spat out A4 text pages at a recorded rate of 14 pages per minute in economy mode. A full-page borderless A4 print took substantially longer, completing the job in about 2 minutes. The machine was slow to print full-page A4 photos, but the results were worth waiting for. The paper feeder holds about 100 sheets, which is fine for home, but may not be enough for a small office.
The 48-bit A4 scanner features an optical resolution of 1200dpi, and a row of buttons on the front face of the grey and silver machine provides easy access to copying and scanning functions. Both colour and black-and-white copy modes are available, and the machine ships with a comprehensive suite of Mac and Windows applications that cover the gamut of the machine's capabilities.
The Epson features a USB interface and includes a built-in memory card reader that handles an enormous range of card formats, including CompactFlash, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, SD, MMC, and xD-Picture Card. It's also possible to operate the printer without being connected to a computer--it can produce contact sheets and borderless prints directly off the memory card, which is a substantial timesaver if the user just wants to grab a couple of quick photos. The card reader is nestled on the recessed front fascia under the control panel, which runs down the left-hand side of the top cover. The positioning makes it difficult to find the appropriate memory card slot if the printer is on a low table or desk.
All up, the Epson Stylus Photo RX430 is a well-appointed inkjet multifunction printer and would be well suited to the varied demands of a home or small office with light printing needs.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTQuality Assurance ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- CCWholesale Trading Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW