Epson Stylus Photo R310
- Good glossy prints
- Small LCD size, poor quality of plain paper prints
The Epson Stylus Photo R310 prints superb glossy photos and works well with a variety of media, but if you plan to make many prints on plain paper you should look elsewhere.
Price$ 265.00 (AUD)
If you want to print images from many different sources, the Epson Stylus Photo R310 should provide the versatility you need. Its media card slots accept all the major formats, and its direct-print port does more than just communicate with compatible digital cameras: you can use it to offload your photos to a whole host of devices, including Zip drives, CD and DVD writers, and USB flash drives.
The R310 proved very economical with its ink and paper. Using its six individual ink cartridges, during our tests the R310 printed excellent glossy photos on letter-size paper as well as superb 4" x 6" snapshots. However, its text prints were very poor: letters looked grey and very fuzzy. Similarly, colour graphics on plain paper were unimpressive; images looked blurry, with banding and obvious bleeding.
The R310 printed a borderless 4" x 6" snapshot in 108 seconds--a little slower than average. It printed text at 2 ppm, much slower than most comparable printers we've tested.
The Stylus Photo R310 comes with two LCD screens. Many other photo printers with an LCD offer a 2.5" colour display, but the R310's colour LCD measures only 1.5"--too small to adequately see edits made to your images. The larger 2.5" monochrome LCD shows the menus. We think a single 2.5" colour monitor would have been more useful.
Like Epson's R800, the R310 prints on coated CD and DVD discs, using a tray to feed them through. Epson provides a basic utility for designing the labels. On the downside, the R310 skimps on paper capacity--just as the R800 does.
The Stylus Photo R320 also works with an optional Bluetooth adapter for printing from compatible camera phones and PDAs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Financial and Billing systemsVIC
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTLead UI Designer (Apps)NSW
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportQLD
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- FTTechnology and Strategy Architecture ManagerQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther