There is a piece of technology for everything nowadays – even finding fish on a fishing trip!
Epson Stylus Photo R310
- Good glossy prints
- Small LCD size, poor quality of plain paper prints
The Epson Stylus Photo R310 prints superb glossy photos and works well with a variety of media, but if you plan to make many prints on plain paper you should look elsewhere.
Price$ 265.00 (AUD)
If you want to print images from many different sources, the Epson Stylus Photo R310 should provide the versatility you need. Its media card slots accept all the major formats, and its direct-print port does more than just communicate with compatible digital cameras: you can use it to offload your photos to a whole host of devices, including Zip drives, CD and DVD writers, and USB flash drives.
The R310 proved very economical with its ink and paper. Using its six individual ink cartridges, during our tests the R310 printed excellent glossy photos on letter-size paper as well as superb 4" x 6" snapshots. However, its text prints were very poor: letters looked grey and very fuzzy. Similarly, colour graphics on plain paper were unimpressive; images looked blurry, with banding and obvious bleeding.
The R310 printed a borderless 4" x 6" snapshot in 108 seconds--a little slower than average. It printed text at 2 ppm, much slower than most comparable printers we've tested.
The Stylus Photo R310 comes with two LCD screens. Many other photo printers with an LCD offer a 2.5" colour display, but the R310's colour LCD measures only 1.5"--too small to adequately see edits made to your images. The larger 2.5" monochrome LCD shows the menus. We think a single 2.5" colour monitor would have been more useful.
Like Epson's R800, the R310 prints on coated CD and DVD discs, using a tray to feed them through. Epson provides a basic utility for designing the labels. On the downside, the R310 skimps on paper capacity--just as the R800 does.
The Stylus Photo R320 also works with an optional Bluetooth adapter for printing from compatible camera phones and PDAs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Brother pitch themselves at SMBs with new 'Inkvestment' options
- Canon unveils its latest range of Pixma Inkjet printers and CanoScan scanner series
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies