Epson Perfection 2580 Photo
- High speed, good photo image quality, image enhancement options
- Nothing notable
People who want to digitise batches of 35mm negatives will find the Perfection 2580 most useful.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The Epson Perfection 2580 Photo produces high-quality images from both prints and film--and is a great value for the price. Plus, this scanner is ideal for anyone with stacks of 35mm negatives to scan.
People with large film archives will like this scanner, which has an automatic film loader built in. This nifty device lets you easily scan individual frames on 35mm negatives. Sort of like inserting a bank card into an ATM, you open the film loader door--located directly on top of the scanner cover--insert the filmstrip (containing up to six shots) in the slot provided, and push the start button. In our tests, the 2580 flawlessly fed the film into the unit and scanned and saved each frame in the strip as a separate image. The automatically scanned images did a fine job of matching the brightness, contrast and colour tones in the originals. You can also use the loader manually, which allows you to preview each frame before making the final scans.
In addition, the 2580 comes with a small slide holder that fits on the glass for scanning 35mm slides, but only one at a time. (Other models such as Epson's own Perfection 4180 Photo can scan batches of 35mm slides at once.)
The 2580 pumped out a 2" x 2" colour photo at 1200dpi in just under 28 seconds--an amazingly fast rate.
In our on-screen display of a scanned 4" x 5" colour photo, the Perfection 2580 accurately reproduced the skin tones and colour shades of the original. Our black-and-white line-art and greyscale photo scan tests, however, produced results that we rated closer to average.
The 2580 has four front-panel buttons (Start, Copy, E-Mail, and Scan & Save) for quick starts to common scanning tasks. The proficient Epson Scan driver has three operating modes: Full Auto, for fast and easy one-click scans; Home, for choosing a few basic settings; and Professional, for complete access to all scanner settings, including colour adjustment, tone correction and gamma control. We liked the 2580's image-enhancement options, such as colour restoration, dust removal and grain reduction. The colour restoration option, for example, livened up a faded photo with a red colour cast by adding more green and blue.
Bundled software includes a basic image editing application (ArcSoft PhotoImpression), a feature-limited but very accurate OCR package (ABBYY FineReader Sprint 5) and Epson's Smart Panel utility. The easy-to-use Smart Panel helps you process and manage your scans with a highly graphical interface, suitable for beginners or infrequent users. An optional Multi Photo Feeder can scan up to 24 4" x 6" photos (or business cards up to that size).
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTRecruitment Consultant- Internal Vacancy -NSWOther
- CCSolution Architect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Security SpecialistVIC
- CCHFC Project Officer (Governance Support) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTLead Java Developer- DevOpsOther
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business AnalsytACT
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Change Analyst - ERP implementationOther
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTGlobal Product ManagerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)SA
- FTReporting and Compliance Lead (Security Practice)Other
- FTSenior DevOps EngineerOther
- FTCRM Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperQLD
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTSAP Functional & Technical Analyst- SD, BPC, HCM, AR,Time & PayOther
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantOther