"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Epson P-2000 Multimedia Storage Viewer
- Large LCD screen, simple user interface, AV-out support
- Quite bulky, MP3 playback is basic, no headphones
A great device for viewing photos, with a large LCD screen, but it lacks some MP3 playback features and is quite bulky.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The Epson P-2000 is a photo viewer and file storage device with an impressive list of features, topped by a fine 3.8" display and MP3 playback capabilities.
The P-2000 is quite bulky, measuring 84 x 147 x 31.4mm. Its sleek black and silver casing felt sturdy and looked great, but it was very hard to keep free of fingerprints. Inside, our review unit had a 40GB hard disk for storing video, audio and images transferred to it via a USB cable.
The P-2000's 640 x 480 pixel LCD screen is among the best we've seen on these types of devices and is excellent for viewing photos. The photos uploaded to the device were all clear and bright, and the colour depth in the menu was excellent and easy on the eyes. The screen was so bright that it was virtually unaffected by sunlight and all types of other lighting conditions.
To the left of the screen is an accessible five-way navigational button that is big enough to cater for those with large fingers. At the top of this navigational button are keys for Print and Menu and at the bottom are keys for Cancel, Display and Home. Generally, the unit's controls were very easy to access, which made using the P-2000 an enjoyable experience.
The unit features AV-out support (for connecting the P-2000 to a television), a headphone jack, DC-in and USB ports--all located on the left side of the device. CompactFlash and Secure Digital card slots are available at the top of the unit. Epson also allows you to print directly from the P-2000 to some models of Epson printers via USB.
Browsing through your files is easy, and the menu is colourful, vibrant and simple to navigate, with the files displayed in thumbnail form. Photos were quick to load and even faster to scroll through. The P-2000 also features a slide show feature, where you can group your photos together to display to friends or family, and play up to three audio files as background music. The response time when quickly scrolling through menu items or photos was also impressive.
The P-2000 supports a range of file formats, including: JPEG and RAW image files, MPEG4 and Motion JPEG video files and MP3 and AAC audio files. The sound quality and volume of MP3 playback is above average, but the external speaker doesn't provide much in terms of audio quality. Headphones would have been a bonus, but it's clear this device is designed more for viewing photos than for playing music.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies