Epson P-2000 Multimedia Storage Viewer
- Large LCD screen, simple user interface, AV-out support
- Quite bulky, MP3 playback is basic, no headphones
A great device for viewing photos, with a large LCD screen, but it lacks some MP3 playback features and is quite bulky.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The Epson P-2000 is a photo viewer and file storage device with an impressive list of features, topped by a fine 3.8" display and MP3 playback capabilities.
The P-2000 is quite bulky, measuring 84 x 147 x 31.4mm. Its sleek black and silver casing felt sturdy and looked great, but it was very hard to keep free of fingerprints. Inside, our review unit had a 40GB hard disk for storing video, audio and images transferred to it via a USB cable.
The P-2000's 640 x 480 pixel LCD screen is among the best we've seen on these types of devices and is excellent for viewing photos. The photos uploaded to the device were all clear and bright, and the colour depth in the menu was excellent and easy on the eyes. The screen was so bright that it was virtually unaffected by sunlight and all types of other lighting conditions.
To the left of the screen is an accessible five-way navigational button that is big enough to cater for those with large fingers. At the top of this navigational button are keys for Print and Menu and at the bottom are keys for Cancel, Display and Home. Generally, the unit's controls were very easy to access, which made using the P-2000 an enjoyable experience.
The unit features AV-out support (for connecting the P-2000 to a television), a headphone jack, DC-in and USB ports--all located on the left side of the device. CompactFlash and Secure Digital card slots are available at the top of the unit. Epson also allows you to print directly from the P-2000 to some models of Epson printers via USB.
Browsing through your files is easy, and the menu is colourful, vibrant and simple to navigate, with the files displayed in thumbnail form. Photos were quick to load and even faster to scroll through. The P-2000 also features a slide show feature, where you can group your photos together to display to friends or family, and play up to three audio files as background music. The response time when quickly scrolling through menu items or photos was also impressive.
The P-2000 supports a range of file formats, including: JPEG and RAW image files, MPEG4 and Motion JPEG video files and MP3 and AAC audio files. The sound quality and volume of MP3 playback is above average, but the external speaker doesn't provide much in terms of audio quality. Headphones would have been a bonus, but it's clear this device is designed more for viewing photos than for playing music.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTOnboarding Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTAutomation Test ManagerOther
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- TPBusiness Consultant - Dynamics CRMWA
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTSenior Wintel Infrastructure ConsultantACT
- FT.Net Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- FTAGILE Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP SD/EDI Support ConsultantOther
- FTTest ManagerOther
- FTResident EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager (Applications/Business)NSW
- FTData Architect / Business Intelligence ArchitectOther