- Great picture quality, HDMI support
- Very big, loud at full power
This product performs extremely well, and is certainly feature-rich.
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
While it may look similar to the Epson EMP-TW10H, the EMP-TW200 is elevated into a completely different category due to its performance and price.
At over 5kg and approaching half-a-metre wide, the EMP-TW200 is a cumbersome beast, more suited to permanent installation than portability. Along with features like lens shift (150 percent vertical, 50 percent horizontal) the EMP-TW200 offers remote zoom and focus. This means you could make adjustments to a ceiling-mounted EMP-TW200 without needing a stepladder to reach the lens rings.
It's a WXGA (1280 x 720 pixel) projector, and as you'd expect, provides a much sharper picture than lower end widescreen projectors. Colour was extremely well reproduced, with no particular bias and strong, but pleasantly neutral, tones. Our HDTV 1080i performance tests showed excellent signal rescaling, with a sharp, clean appearance. There was no evidence of over-sharpening on any of our test signals, and only minor artefacts popped up in our composite video tests. At this resolution, the flyscreen effect is only noticeable if you're sitting too close to the screen, but we did spot a very slight amount of vertical banding on flat, bright area--though certainly not enough to be distracting.
The EMP-TW200 has a lower contrast ratio than some models, but we found the 1000:1 Theatre setting provided more than adequate depth in dark conditions. It's also notable that the EMP-TW200 features the newer HDMI digital interface, rather than DVI.
It's unobtrusively quiet in Theatre mode, though it can get a little noisy at full power, plus the lamp is rather expensive to replace, making running costs comparatively high.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTraining & Communications SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Analyst, Portfolio Management & GovernanceOther
- FT.Net Developer - Syspro experience mandatoryOther
- CCMicrosoft CRM Technical ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTERP Systems & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- FTL2 Security Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- CCRequirements AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCData Migration LeadNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware AdministratorOther
- TPProject Manager/Stream LeadQLD
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTWeb Editor/Digital PublisherOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager: InfrastructureQLD