- Higher than normal zoom, long-lasting lamp
- Artefacts on S-Video and composite signals, very vivid colour, loud fan
A flawed but inexpensive projector.
Price$ 1,999.00 (AUD)
The successor to Epson's EMP-TW10, the EMP-TW10H improves on its predecessor's brightness and contrast, but uses the same LCD resolution.
The EMP-TW10H has rounded lines and a silver and white chassis. It has a widescreen resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. This vertical resolution is perfectly matched to material using the US NTSC broadcast standard, but falls short of the 576 lines required by standard definition PAL TV, DVD movies and games consoles. All content has to be rescaled to fit, shedding image definition on the way. Because the EMP-TW10H lacks a powerful image processor, it doesn't do this effectively, and artefacts like moire and interline flicker appeared on composite and S-Video signals (but not on our progressive scan tests).
Colour was also excessively vivid at the projector's default setting, so you'll probably find yourself toning down the saturation. Other irritations include the lack of backlighting on the remote control and a rather high level of fan noise at full brightness mode. Depending on how close you are to the screen (and how sharp your eyes are), you may also spot the lines between the pixels-this is known as the 'flyscreen effect'.
These niggles aside, the EMP-TW10H was pretty quiet in Theatre mode, and offered a respectable level of contrast for an LCD projector when used in a darkened setting. The internal speaker is handy, though unsurprisingly low-powered, and it was easy to set up and operate.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTHelpdesk Support Officer (Lv1/Lv2)SA
- CCDatabase AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Support Specialist- Network SystemsQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTDevOps Engineer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCService Delivery AnalystVIC
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI/DWOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- FTExchange EngineerACT
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- CCTraining Co-OrdinatorNSW