This Full HD 1080p home theatre projector from Epson costs less than $3000 and has plenty of adjustment options.
- Good picture quality, high brightness
- Slightly loud in high brightness mode
Epson’s EH-TW3000 Full HD 1080p home theatre projector is a great all-round model. It costs less than $3000 and it performs almost as well as models costing significantly more.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
The Epson EH-TW3000 is a home theatre projector that provides a native Full HD 1080p resolution and plenty of picture adjustment for under $3000. The image it creates is of good quality and is almost as refined as much more expensive models.
Like other Epson projectors we have reviewed such as the Epson EH-DM2 and the Epson W6, the Epson EH-TW3000 has a pleasant white exterior and a rather standard layout. The lens is offset to the left hand side of the chassis, while the on-board controls are in the centre of the home theatre projector’s top face.
If you’re planning to connect a multitude of video devices to the Epson EH-TW3000 you will be well catered for. Two HDMI 1.3a ports as well as individual component, composite, S-Video and VGA connectors means plenty of devices can be connected simultaneously.
The specifications of the EH-TW3000 are impressive. A dynamic contrast ratio of 18000:1 is impressive, especially when combined with a high brightness level of 1800 ANSI lumens. A 10-bit colour processor means images have a wide colour gamut, while Epson’s latest D7 image processing chip allows deep blacks and drastically reduced image noise.
It looks great on paper… and it’s just as good in real life. We set the Epson EH-TW3000 up with a Sony BDP-S350 and played some Planet Earth Blu-ray discs to test out the home theatre projector’s Full HD capabilities.
It did not disappoint, with consistent sharpness and fine image detail from corner to corner. In its default settings we definitely found the image too bright — with the added downside of producing intrusive fan noise. When the brightness was lowered to more theatre room-friendly levels fan noise dropped off to near-inaudible levels.
The dynamic iris mode is exceptionally fast — in most cases we were unable to detect when the brightness was being lowered and boosted. Because of this, the contrast between light and dark scenes is great with plenty of detail visible in both extremes.
Even in our standard definition video tests, with the difficult lobby scene from The Matrix, the Epson EH-TW3000’s up-scaler efficiently displayed video with no aberrations or artifacting.
There are no areas where the Epson EH-TW3000 struggles. It is a capable all-round home theatre projector for a good price, so if you are considering a more expensive model, check out Epson’s offering as well.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- Star Wars: Battlefront II - Resurrection review: A disappointing end to Iden Versio's story
- Samsung's Notebook 9 Pen is ready for your scribbles, drawings and more
- Excel functions: 7 ways to use Text functions to manage data
- BenQ unveils a pair of new ergonomic eSports mice
- Microsoft's path to a smarter Bing and Cortana includes tapping Reddit users' opinions
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTData ScientistACT
- CCLead Change ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Internet Portal and InfrastructureQLD
- CCManager - Business Intelligence - TelcoVIC
- FTSoftware Developer (Ruby on Rails)NSW
- FTField Service EngineerOther
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- TPLead Solutions Architect - SAP HCMQLD
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- TPPrincipal Project Manager | ApplicationsQLD
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst (.NET, SQL. ORACLE, ITIL)Other
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / Project Support OfficerSA
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT