Epson Aculaser CX11nf
- Fast, high-quality printing; colour
- 180-sheet paper tray, no memory card slots
Epson's AcuLaser CX11NF rolls the functions of a scanner, copier, fax machine and printer into a single device. Good output quality and ease of use help make it attractive to small businesses, and make it easier to overlook the lack of memory card slot and limited paper tray.
Price$ 1,349.00 (AUD)
Despite heavy inroads being made by colour inkjets, laser printers are still the only way to go for high-volume printing in an office environment. The high-speed of output, relatively low running costs, colour fastness and available accessories add up to make laser a much better choice for demanding environments.
Epson's AcuLaser CX11NF is a colour laser multifunction device designed to fit into a small office environment and handle printing, scanning and faxing duties for a workgroup or business unit. At the heart of the system is a 192MHz processor and 128MB of memory (upgradeable to 576MB). The printer supports Standard ESC/Page Colours emulation mode and is rated to operate between 10°C and 32°C.
The grey machine is physically bulky, standing 67cm tall and weighing more than 34kg, but it's packed with features. On the downside, there's only enough space in the supplied paper tray to store 180 sheets. The output tray holds 250 sheets.
The CX11NF ships with cables, software, consumables and a pack of 100gsm paper to get you up and running immediately. Individual toner cartridges are used for C, M, Y and K colours, and are available in both standard size (1500-sheet) and high capacity (4000-sheet). The photoconductor unit is rated to print 10,500 colour pages and 42,000 black and white ones.
The machine sports both USB and Ethernet connectors and ships with both Mac and PC drivers. Scanning and copying takes place at an optical resolution of 600dpi (up to 9600dpi optimised), and the Super G3 fax works over either regular phone lines or a PBX system, so it should fit into just about any office environment.
Print speeds were impressive, with the unit managing to output at 4.5 pages per minute in colour and 22ppm in monochrome, and the menu system is easy to use. A LCD on the front panel keeps the user informed of what the AcuLaser is doing--so there's no sending a print job from one desk and then wondering if and when it will pop out of the printer.
At $1899 with a one-year warranty, Epson's do-it-all laser printer is good value for small businesses. The only things it lacks are a memory card slot and higher-capacity default paper tray.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- CCJava LeadWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Enterprise Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Internet Portal and InfrastructureQLD
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Testers ? API testingQLD
- FTJunior CRM Support AnalystOther
- FTApplications ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Rules/ Real time analysis)VIC
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java / MicroServicesOther
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- CCDigital Content Writer and LeadACT
- FTMid-level Front End DeveloperOther
- TPProgram Change Manager - LIS Program - HealthQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCTemporary ICT Support AnalystACT
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- TPDigital SupportVIC
- FTSolution DesignerOther