Epson AcuLaser C2600N
- Fast print speed, good help functions
- Time-consuming setup
Rich colours, zippy print speeds, an easy-to-use interface, and a two-year on-site warranty help make the C2600N a solid printer for small business
Price$ 1,640.00 (AUD)
We've been hearing about how a paperless office will revolutionise the workplace for more than a decade now. Even with ever-increasing email usage, irrespective of what tech pundits may claim, the truly paperless office is still a long way away. Epson's AcuLaser C2600N is a flexible colour laser printer designed to keep a small business ticking, and help produce marketing or report material internally.
This hulking grey and beige machine measures 50cm high, around 55cm deep, and 77cm wide with paper trays extended. The C2600N is a bulky printer, weighing in at 37 kg, and side access to the consumables means you'll need a wide desk to support it. A silver panel sits on the front face, and sports an LCD screen along with six buttons for control. Paper trays are present to hold up to 650 pages, with a 250-sheet output tray on the top of the machine.
The C2600N ships with 64MB of RAM by default (upgradable to 512MB), and supports common emulations including Standard ESC/Page Colour, ESC/Page, PCL6 (Mono), and Adobe PostScript 3. Both Mac and PC are fully supported. A 10/100 Ethernet connection is provided as standard (along with parallel and USB 2.0) and is managed via Epson's WebManager application. The app is straightforward and easy to use, and provides access to printer information and jobs.
The machine takes four separate cartridges to cover CMYK toners, and there's a waste cartridge at the side. Installation and setup is a little time consuming, as you have to install each cartridge in turn. The C2600N must first be powered up, and the display prompts for you to install cartridges. Though it takes around 20 minutes, it's a straightforward process as the directions are clear. There's even a help button if you get stuck running through the maintenance procedures.
The Epson printer employs AcuBrite toner, which produces extremely rich and vibrant colours with even coverage across the entire page. The C2600N is pretty zippy - as is expected of a networkable small-business laser - and managed print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute monochrome, and around seven in colour. This is adequate for most small businesses, and the device boasts a monthly duty cycle of up to 120,000 mono pages or 48,000 colour ones.
The Epson AcuLaser C2600N offers great print quality, an easy-to-use interface complete with a help button, and a two-year on-site warranty that will provide plenty of peace of mind for businesses.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- FTFinancial Analyst- Construction backgroundOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCICT Project Manager - Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Contract - $650 per dayOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- FTDeployment TechnicianVIC
- FTTechnology Development ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC