Epson Aculaser C1100
- Fast time-to-print for a single colour page, outstanding print quality
- Doesn't support Ethernet, expensive running costs
The Epson Aculaser C1100 is a good choice for low-volume colour printing, with best of breed output quality, providing you don't mind the slightly higher than average running costs and slow colour output.
Price$ 597.90 (AUD)
Out of the box the Epson Aculaser C1100 impresses, with solid build quality and styled looks. But the breadbin format gives the Epson Aculaser C1100 a larger than average footprint, and prospective buyers will have to sacrifice more desk space than they might want to. And while connectivity options are pretty standard, the Epson Aculaser C1100 model does not support Ethernet.
The Epson Aculaser C1100's monochrome print performance is crisp, with a near instant time-to-print and a steady throughput of 17ppm (pages per minute). This isn't quite as fast as is quoted, but it's enough for everyday office use. Colour performance is disappointing, however. Time to print is just 15 seconds, but the Epson Aculaser C1100's colour engine isn't capable of more than 5ppm.
For a single colour page, this fast time-to-print means the Epson Aculaser C1100 wins on speed. On longer print runs the Epson Aculaser C1100 drops behind the competition. Running costs are on the high side, with 10.5 cents per page for the low capacity toner option and 3.6 cents per page for highcapacity cartridges.
The biggest win for the Epson Aculaser C1100 is print quality, which is outstanding. Natural colour balance and good skin tones, combined with plenty of colour punch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Brother pitch themselves at SMBs with new 'Inkvestment' options
- Canon unveils its latest range of Pixma Inkjet printers and CanoScan scanner series
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies