EPOX Computer EP-9NPA+
- Clean layout, broad range of overclocking settings
- No rear-panel FireWire
EPoX's nForce4 Ultra board performs well and has the basic features you need for a mainstream or high-end system.
Price$ 207.00 (AUD)
The EP-9NPA+ Ultra is the prototypical nForce4 Ultra board, implementing exactly what the chip set offers-which is quite a lot--but nothing more.
Compared to other Athlon 64 motherboards we have tested, the board's performance was middle-of-the-road, in both WorldBench 5 and our gaming tests. You can optimise for more speed via its broad range of overclocking settings (in the PC setup program) and the speed and voltage settings (using the included NTune app).
The EP-9NPA+ Ultra features a very clean layout, with three unobstructed PCIe x1 slots and no interference between components. While we would have liked a rear-panel FireWire port, the board came with two FireWire headers--a set of pins that allows you to connect to a port built into your case or a rear port that fits on an included slot cover.
The EPoX board's Magic Flash Internet BIOS utility worked well, and the pre-production user guide we received was concise and informative.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCData AnalystQLD
- TPIT Security ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Property /Engineering/ Construction - GovtOther
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior/Principal Business Analyst - TransformationQLD
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt 6 month contractVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- FTNetwork Designer - $725 per dayOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- FTSolution Architect **Telecommunications Products** $800 per dayOther
- CCWindows AdminVIC