Enermax KB007U AURORA Premium
- Comfortable to use, easy to set up, attractive design, integrated audio, integrated USB ports
- Basic keyboard layout, multimedia keys could be better
The Enermax Aurora is a basic keyboard with a whole lot of style. It is comfortable to use and has good features, but the inclusion of multimedia keys would have made this keyboard excellent.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
The Enermax Aurora is a 104-key keyboard compatible with both PC and Mac. Made from solid brushed aluminium and using scissor key technology, its striking style is only matched by its ease of use.
The Aurora is a fairly basic keyboard. It doesn't have any extra keys like macros or multimedia functionality and from all outward appearances, it really isn't anything special. However, not everyone needs all the extra bells and whistles on a keyboard. A keyboard that is easy to set up, comfortable to use and not too loud can be more than enough. In that regard, the Aurora is top notch
There are some great features included on this keyboard that aren't apparent at first glance. Like a notebook keyboard, it uses scissor keys which require a less forceful depression and, in this case, are exceedingly comfortable to use. We found typing on the Aurora to be very easy and discovered that only a very light press was required to register the keys. As a result the keyboard is extremely quiet. However, if you are a key thumper, then typing will actually be exceedingly loud since the chassis is made of metal.
There are also two integrated USB ports plus a microphone and headphone jack. The keyboard has an audio chip inside it to allow for a set of regular VoIP or gaming headphones to be plugged in without having to fish around behind your PC tower. The sound quality is excellent and the microphone is of the same quality as plugging it directly into the sound card.
Set up is a breeze. We plugged the Aurora into a computer with the Windows Vista Ultimate operating system. It was automatically found and the appropriate drivers were applied including the audio chip and the USB hub. The same occurred in Windows XP but we were unable to test it on a Mac operating system.
The Enermax Aurora is not only comfortable to use and easy to set up, but it's also rather sexy as well. It comes in silver or black and is solid as a rock. As a result, it is also much heavier than most keyboards, but unless you plan to cart it around the place that shouldn't be much of a concern.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Design EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Success ManagerOther
- FTSolutions Designer ($800 pd incl super)Other
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTField EngineerOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- FTDBA / Database Administrator / Data Migration AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCDeveloper - DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Storage Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager: ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTGraduate Machine Learning/Data Science-Expression Of InterestOther
- FTArchitect - Performance EngineeringOther
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Accountant / Production SupportOther
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther