eMusic.com music-sharing site
- Files don't feature DRM, so users can make as many copies as they like for personal use
- Subscription-based service at $9.99 a month whether you purchase songs or not
Suitable for people that prefer more obscure music that's not found in the commercial top 40.
Price$ 9.99 (AUD)
Digital music store eMusic specialises in songs outside the mainstream. The eMusic Web site offers more than 3.5 million downloadable tracks from 27,000 independent labels across every genre of music, from rock and classical to hip-hop, blues, country and folk. It has relationships with well-known independent labels such as Touch and Go, Merge and Sun Records and claims to be "the world's largest retailer of independent music and the world's second-largest digital music retailer overall".
- More than 3.5 million tracks available
- DRM-free MP3 files
The subscription-based service costs $9.99 a month. For that, users can download up to 30 high-bit rate MP3 files per month. The files don't feature DRM, so users can make as many copies as they like for personal use – whether it's burning the music to disc or transferring it to a digital audio player.
Giving eMusic a try earns you 50 free tracks, which you can keep regardless of whether you become a regular. If you subscribe, you can install a toolbar that provides a free MP3 download every day, the ability to search eMusic's entire catalogue quickly, technology that analyses your previous downloads and suggests new music you may like and the ability to share other members' playlists.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTDatawarehouse DeveloperSA
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD