Eleco Visualisation Software Arcon 3D Architect
- Affordable, easy to use
- SketchUp is free
While not an outright replacement for AutoCAD or VectorWorks, Arcon's 3D Architect package is very user-friendly, allowing the beginner and casual-user to articulate standard aspects of architectural concepts, with useful construction templates included. The only slight blot on the horizon is Google's free SketchUp, available to visualise 3D architectural designs. However, 3D Architect is more sophisticated, and represents better value for the beginner and casual-user, than the payment-required SketchUp Pro and obviously, AutoCAD or VectorWorks.
Arcon 3D Architect is an affordable alternative to the big boys of CAD software.
Computer-aided design (CAD) packages can be rather daunting for the beginner or casual user: prime examples being AutoCAD and VectorWorks; however, the new Arcon 3D Architect is considerably cheaper and comes with a simple, intuitive user-interface.
Arcon 3D Architect is clearly no substitute for the full AutoCAD/VectorWorks 'precision-engineering' experience, and as such it probably won't find itself installed in the offices of large architectural practices.
This notwithstanding, the Arcon 3D Architect software is excellent for a more robust method of visualising the mechanics of standard building construction (e.g., pitched-roof houses) and it comes loaded with a host of templates for walls, ceilings and roofs.
Thus, Arcon 3D Architect is ideal for most speculative designs up to planning application, and is particularly useful for anyone wishing to visualise three-dimensionally what newly designed interior and/or exterior spaces can do. Master-planning for larger developments like blocks of flats or housing-estates, can also be performed.
Landscaping isn't forgotten either as it is a very important phase to the journey, arrival and exit contextualisation for 3D visualisations.
The quintessential aspects of architecture are all covered very well – you can user-define scale, imperial/metric, line-thickness, as well as orientating drawings correctly north. Particularly useful are the A3/A4 paper templates which cover most beginners' home/office based printing needs. For larger printing, exporting is possible via DXF files to A0 & A1 plotters, while AutoCAD .DWG (and .DXF) files can be imported, which aids functionality. Other file formats include, BMP, JPG, WMF, EMF, 2D DXF, 3DS (3D Studio) and MBA (Creative Lines). The 3D Architect package is well-organised with excellent, easy-to-use instructions via 'Getting Started,' '3D Architect Revealed' and 'Reference Guide' manuals.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems engineer - Endpoint SecurityVIC
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- TPDeveloper (Programmer)ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect | eDRMS | 2 PositionsQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTData SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTSAP BW/BO DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTStorage & Data Protection Team LeadACT
- CCProject OfficerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSolution Designer/ Architect | 6mth ContractOther
- FTPublishing Specialist - TelecommunicationOther
- CCGenesys Specialist - SME - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution Architect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTSystems & Reporting Data AnalystNSW