Eizo ColorEdge CG303W LCD monitor
The Eizo ColorEdge CG303W 30in monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2,560-x-1,600
- Very high-quality and accurate colour output, paper matching, excellent software, bundled hood.
- Pricey, curious lack of DisplayPort for 30-bit colour
Eizo's ColorEdge CG303W is, quite possibly, the best monitor an artist or designer could hope for. It combines a superb panel, incredibly accurate colour output, and well-conceived controls supported by great software.
Price$ 6,480.00 (AUD)
This 30in Eizo ColorEdge CG303W monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2560x1600. While you can now get this resolution over 27-inches on Dell's UltraSharp U2711 (or Apple's 27-inch iMac), it feels more comfortable on the eyes over long periods at the larger size. Behind this is a processing system that works in a 12-bits-per-colour space to ensure that the colours output by your graphics card are accurately mapped to the CG303W's own space.
The CG303W is capable of outputting 30-bit colour, and this is where it gets odd. This is only an option for Windows users, as you need an AMD ATI FirePro or nVidia Quadro board to do this. Most 30-bit sets up use DisplayPort as it's native to the standard - but the CG303W uses dual-link DVI, which requires support for specific monitors to be built into each graphics card. It’ll work fine with the current generation of boards – but future support isn't guaranteed.
Everything else about the CG303W seems so considered and tailored to the needs of creatives. The excellent bundled ColorNavigator software works with most standard hardware, including X-Rite’s Eye-One and DataColor's Spyders. There's also colour matching for paper, a bundled hood to keep lighting consistent and even a Screen Cleaner Kit (that's also great for cleaning your glasses).
Slight 30-bit quibbles aside - this is an exceptional monitor that's more than worth its high price.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - Application Lifecycle Management (Logistics)Other
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCSAP Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPRelease CoordinatorNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBid ManagerOther
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- TPTest Automation ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPBusiness Process Consultant DigitalVIC
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- FTNet DeveloperOther