Gamers know what to expect when it comes to fighting games: special moves, overtly sexualized characters, and fast paced combat are par for the genre.
- Tonnes of content, great character development, fun to play
- Source material may be unknown to most gamers
Packed full of great content (more than 250 missions, unlockable illustrations, movies, and character models) and supporting local wireless play, this is game that belongs on your PSP. Fate/Unlimited Codes may not be a household name yet, but just give it some time.
But what makes a fighter truly memorable are its characters. If I throw out the names Sub-Zero, Chun-Li and Jigglypuff you know what franchises I'm referring to because they're hard to forget. That's what makes Fate/Unlimited Codes such as worthwhile fighting game: it commits to building the backstory of individual characters, making them more than just animated fighting puppets.
A New Challenger Appears
A port of an arcade and PS2 game released only in Japan, Codes follows the journey of 7 Masters and 7 Servants, all vying for the highly coveted wish granting Holy Grail. In order to capture the cup, gamers must fight their way through a series of weapons-based battles. Combat is a breeze to pick up, and with three different modes for gamers to learn from (Practice, Mission, and Tutorial), you can tell developer Cavia wants this to be a fighter anyone can master.
Complimenting the controls are the visually stunning character models and animations. The action is swift, dynamic, and incredibly detailed; the game looks so good I would often forget that I was playing on my small PSP screen. And for those of you who like your badass chicks curvy, you'll see more bounce in this game than in a bowl of Jell-o.
You Gotta Fight...
But what truly makes Codes unique is its attention to its characters, not just in their appearance or fighting style but also in the development of their individual journeys. Unlike other fighting games, Codes has a strong backstory, thanks in part of it being based on a popular visual novel called Fate/stay night. Each character's backstory shines through and gives players a reason to root for or against certain fighters.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTNon - Functional Test LeadOther
- TPSolution Architect - Networks & SecurityQLD
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Financial and Billing systemsVIC
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BillPayOther
- FTSolution Designer - CRM / EDWOther
- FTNetwork Design EngineerOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- CCService Integration and Delivery Manager- SIAMNSW
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther