Edifier MP300 Plus speaker system
With so many bulky, poorly designed portable speakers on the market that lack decent audio quality, the Edifier MP300 Plus is like a breath of fresh air
- Great audio quality at a competitive price
- Mid-range slightly lacking
The Edifier MP300 Plus speakers offer great audio quality but don't cost a fortune.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Edifier MP300 Plus is a small yet surprisingly powerful portable speaker system. It comes with two tiny satellite speakers and a 9-Watt tubular subwoofer that's just 28cm long. Despite their diminutive size, they have enough power to easily fill an apartment's lounge room with superb audio.
The Edifier MP300 Plus portable speakers are an ideal companion to an MP3 player, a home PC or even a work computer. The system has an understated design; the subwoofer has a brushed aluminium finish, and there is a metal weave grill over the two spherical satellite speakers.
Setting up the speakers is simple. On the back of the subwoofer is an audio-in port to connect the satellite speakers, then you simply connect the system to a line-out port on your PC, notebook or MP3 player. The speakers have their own power supply, so once you switch them on you can begin marvelling at their great audio quality.
We tested MP300 Plus with a varied selection of tracks, ranging from gritty rock to drum 'n' bass, and the speakers proved their worth by catering to different musical tastes with ease. One slight flaw of the MP300 Plus speakers' sound quality is the mid-range. It's not very prominent and the sound tends to be a dominated by a lot of high frequencies.
The bass is excellent; the subwoofer handles high volumes with ease. There is virtually no distortion when the volume is turned up, as the bass doesn’t muffle the details of the music in the slightest.
As with any audio product, the main selling point is the sound quality and in this respect the Edifier MP300 Plus certainly delivers. Priced at $99, you certainly get bang for your buck; they also have a solid build quality and are rather pleasing to the eye.
One let-down with the MP300 Plus speakers is that they require AC power. Considering that the main function of the speakers is to connect to a notebook and that they have been dubbed 'portable', one would assume that Edifier could have made the speakers USB-powered.
In Edifier's defence, however, the subwoofer requires more power than can be delivered by USB alone — sound quality takes precedence over convenience in this instance. The speakers are portable purely in the sense that you can move them quickly from room to room. They even come with a carry case, so you can transport them safely.
With so many bulky, poorly designed portable speakers on the market that lack decent audio quality, the Edifier MP300 Plus is like a breath of fresh air. These speakers are affordable and of excellent quality, and their unobtrusive design makes them ideal for someone with limited desk space. Their light weight also makes them ideal for travel.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Five 2017 flagship smartphones that are now less than $900
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle SOA Integration ConsultantOther
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - PermanentOther
- TPAO6 IT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- TPDelivery ManagerACT
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- FTHelpDesk Support TechnicianOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- FTServices Delivery ManagerOther
- FTData AnalyticsSA
- CCCisco Test SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerACT
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW