- Fast performance, Stable,
- Floppy port in bad location, poor memory slots.
All things considered, this board is a great performer, but we found some of its physical features to be awkward
Price$ 183.00 (AUD)
Featuring the standard nForce4 chipset, this board was a very fast performer and was very stable during our tests. The installation of Windows XP on a RAID 0 array went smoothly, although we were required to make our own driver disk, which was not supplied. This package was lighter than most in terms of accessories: the board only ships with one SATA cable and one SATA power cable as well as one IDE and one floppy cable. This is not surprising considering its price tag.
Although its performance was good, we did have some issues with the board itself. The floppy drive port is located along its bottom edge of the board just under the last PCI slot, which makes it difficult to access if the board has already been mounted. The location of the fan-cooled nForce4 chipset is also very close to the PCIe slot, which may hinder cards that have cooling solutions on their top side. Another quibble relates to the memory slots, whose release levers do a poor job of releasing the memory modules from their slots.
The rear port cluster contains a useful slew of legacy ports (serial, PS/2 and parallel) as well as USB 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet and both analog and digital audio ports (the analog ports exhibited noticeable background noise and interference, especially each time the mouse was moved). It lacks FireWire, which may not be a concern for you unless you have an early model iPod or like hooking up to your DV camcorder to your PC.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- CCProgram DirectorQLD
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTOperations Improvement ManagerOther
- CCPHP DeveloperWA
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTField ConsultantOther
- CCTest Analysts - agileACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- CCVMware EngineerNSW