Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition
Easeus Partition Manager has recently received not just a version upgrade to 3.5, but a name change to Easeus Partition Master
- New version has removed the previous need to restart before beginning a copy of a non-system partition
- Bit too unpolished
While Partition Master Professional 3.5 does offer the same tools as other partition managers, we feel it's a bit too unpolished to be a competitive alternative. We wouldn't throw away the free Home Edition of the software — which lacks 64-bit support and a few minor features — but the Professional version just doesn't make the grade.
Price$ 49.92 (AUD)
Easeus Partition Manager, last reviewed as Easeus Partition Manager 2.1, has recently received not just a version upgrade to 3.5, but a name change to Easeus Partition Master. Despite the changes, the company missed one feature that really did require attention: the interface, which we still found to be somewhat ugly and poorly implemented.
Easeus employs the same basic user interface you've probably seen in Windows for years. It uses linear graphical representations of the partitioned drive(s), showing their relative sizes and their free and used space, with text details below.
But the font Easeus has chosen to use for the interface of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition, a dated serif courier type, is oddly proportioned for the screen. It's certainly readable — with a little squinting — but something better could have been used.
In addition, the interface of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition is a bit limited. Resizing a partition can be done by either entering hard numbers into a text area for the values you want or by dragging the right side of the drive's graphical representation in or out to shrink or expand its size. However, only three drives appear in the upper-graphical section. You can view all your drives in the text listing below — the text portion occupies at least five-sixths of the screen — but if you have more than three drives (we had six), it's a hassle.
Task icons can be found at the top of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition's application window, and the equivalent text descriptions of those tasks are shown along the left side of the screen. If you right-click on a partition or disk, you'll see a repetition of those same options.
Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition offers the usual tools; you can create and delete partitions as well as resize them. Easeus doesn't support partition-editing functions that allow you to change a partition from, say, NTFS to Linux, but you can change a FAT partition to NTFS.
Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition has also added disk and partition copy functions, but things can get odd. For example, copying a partition requires that unallocated space already exists. You can't just tell the application to use an existing partition and erase the data it might find there. This can make the task awkward and increases the number of steps needed to complete it.
The new version of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition has removed the previous need to restart the computer before beginning a copy of a non-system partition. That's a boon to people who dislike unnecessary reboots.
Easeus borrows Windows CHKDSK, if needed, when doing a surface analysis. If you want to defragment your disk, you'll need to resort to Windows' defragmenting tools.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- New Collaboration for Fortinet
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP Functional AnalystACT
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTLead Consultant AIXOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Grants Management ProjectQLD
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- TPEnterprise Technology ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSupport OfficerQLD
- FTTester (Dynamics AX)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP HR LeadOther
- FTProject Manager ? Cyber SecurityQLD
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW