EA Games Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
- The swing system is accurate and innovative...
- ...but it's far from perfect. The graphics and presentation also need polish.
Tiger for the Wii is a lot like the real sport of golf: wonderfully fun and tremendously frustrating. But unlike the real deal, it just isn't always worth the aggravation. Hopefully, they'll bring some of the finesse back for the 2008 model.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
For virtual duffers like yours truly, Tiger Woods '07 for the Wii seems like a dream come true.
A hyper-realistic golf game that utilises the Wii Remote to mimic a real golf swing is everything we could ask for in a video golf game. So why are we not impressed by the end result?
First off, it's because the Wii version of Tiger '07 is the least attractive and pleasing of all the available iterations. The features are pretty much the same but the Wii version's courses, colour schemes, and ball physics are lacking. But the real draw here is the Wii Remote's swing system, which is quite accurate, and mimics real world golf mechanics rather well. If you need to smash the ball down the green, then swing hard and fast; if a shot requires a delicate touch, then go slow and easy. You can also flick your wrist to fade or draw your shot.
But as innovative as the swing system is, it has a lot of flaws. Sensitivity is a major issue, and often, the Remote would register a swing even though we haven't actually completed it. Then there's the fact that the ball control options that most virtual golfers have come to expect are missing. There is no percentage meter to indicate your lie and there is no option to change the trajectory of your shot.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other
- CCBusiness Analyst l Interviewing this weekNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI/DWOther
- CCSales Support OfficerNSW
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- FTSystems Co-ordinator / AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Organisational Change ManagerOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTScheduler - CommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTLevel 3 Application Support EngineerQLD
- CCRelease Manager (Salesforce)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther