"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
EA Games The Simpsons Game
- Plenty of fun and humour, looks amazing, lots of characters from the show
- Terrible controls, annoying camera
People looking for a few laughs and a good time will probably like this game a lot. As a fan of the show, it was nice to see the Simpsons finally land a good game.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The bar for games based on the Simpsons is pretty low, so it might not be a huge deal to state that this is the best Simpsons game ever. While there are some major problems with controls and a very finicky camera, the Simpsons game is a lot of fun.
A lot of the Simpsons Game is recycled plots and inside jokes from previous episodes, but the action is heightened and intense as a giant statue turned-to-life from a Tree-house of Horror episode rampages Springfield while a horde of mini-Krusties attack you from all sides. We think people with even a cursory understanding of the cartoon will get a kick out of these sequences, while show veterans have plenty of Easter eggs and side jokes to keep them entertained.
Each member of Simpsons has their own special moves unique to their individual personalities: Marge uses a megaphone to take control of Springfield citizens and Homer belches flumes of toxic gas. However, the controls feature an annoying learning curve and are awkward and unresponsive. Many of the missions have only one way path to completion and we found ourselves having to constantly retry moves that should have otherwise been very simple. The camera angles can sometimes work against you too, so it's important to be aware of your surroundings at all times or find yourself hurtling down a fiery pit.
Each level pairs two Simpsons together and you can switch back and forth between them, though transitions can be sloppy. Luckily characters automatically regain health and resurrect so long as the other character is still alive.
Graphics are definitely a highlight. You often get the sense that you've entered Springfield and are actually controlling the actual cartoon. A lot of the environment is interactive, and aside from the messy controls, it can be a lot of fun moving through the city in between missions. This also gives you a chance to interact with everyone from Bumble Bee Man, Reverend Lovejoy and just about any other character you can think of. In fact, comments from characters like Kent Brockman and Prof. Frink had us laughing so hard we had to pause the game.
People looking for a few laughs and a good time will probably like this game a lot. As a fan of the show, it was nice to see the Simpsons finally land a good game, but purist gamers will be annoyed with the controls and therefore consider this one a renter. But despite all of the control issues, for our money, this is one of the most fun games we've played in a while.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- Nerial release update to Reigns: Her Majesty
- City of Brass update adds new playable characters
- State of Mind set to hit console and PC in August
- In Pictures: Gfinity Elite Series Australia Season 1 Grand Finals
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies