FIFA 13 by EA Sports for iOS
It may not be as fluid as the console version, but FIFA 13 for iOS is a great mobile option for soccer nuts
- Different game modes
- Layout of controls
- Can’t make a pro
- Movement can be rigid
- Huge file size
For commuters, travellers, or those who don’t wish to invest in a console, FIFA 13 by EA Sports for the iPhone is a justifiable substitute. It offers multiple game mode options, as well as the fan favourite, FUT.
Price$ 5.49 (AUD)
While it cannot mirror the quality of the gameplay and the graphics that are offered by the console version of the game, EA Sports' FIFA 13 app is a sufficient substitute when away from home. It includes most of the major game modes, as well as multiplayer. However, the controls don’t provide the same level of freedom on the phone as they do on a console.
The FIFA 13 app features a Quick Match menu, which then allows you to select between Kick-off, Practice, and Penalty shoot-out. There is also a gamepad option, which gives you the ability to use the iPhone (or iPod) as a controller for the iPad version of the game.
Ultimate Team (FUT) is also available in the FIFA 13 app. It has all the functionality of the console version of FUT, including trade and store. The last mode, apart from the Online option, is Career, which includes Tournament and Manager playing modes. Unfortunately, you can't make your own pro player on the app.
The app does not share content (such as game mode saves, Ultimate Team, and other features) with the console version of FIFA 13, which means that you can't continue your console career through the app and vice-versa. Your account does link up though. As a result, any experience earned by playing the app version adds to your overall level within FIFA.
While the FIFA 13 app may not be able to compete with the freedom, flow, and freestyle nature of the console version of the game, it offers an exceptional mobile experience. EA Sports has done well to minimise the amount of controls present on the screen, meaning that your fingers remain in the bottom left and right corners rather than covering the majority of the screen. It has transformed the dozen plus button variations available in the console version into just four small buttons and swipe motions alongside an 'analogue stick'. Player movement is fairly smooth, although executing effective dribbling can be difficult due to player turns feeling too rigid.
Developer: Electronics Arts
Requirements: iOS 4.0+
Reviewed on: iPhone 5
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Trend Micro launches new Home Network Scanner
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- Gboard update brings text selection mode and resizing to Android keyboard app
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPOragnisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP FICO ConsultantOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperWA