EA Games Crysis
- Incredible graphics and cutting-edge technology represent the next level of PC gaming. The Nanosuit abilities enhance the game's open-ended gameplay, game features some of the best enemy A.I. that we have ever seen.
- If you don't own a high-end gaming rig, you won't get the full experience; in fact, you'll have to spend a lot of time making tweaks to the settings to get it running right. DX10 performance is lacklustre: you get great results visually but your system's performance will take a big hit.
Crysis is an enticing adventure all the way through to the end. It's a worthy follow-up to the excellent Far Cry and a great step forward for PC gaming as a whole.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
But as awesome as the Nanosuit abilities are, you'll still rely on good old ballistics-based weaponry to mow down your foes. You can carry a pistol or two, if you want to dual-wield two larger guns such as rifles, a rocket launcher, and three types of grenades; oh, and some C4 as well. There are several human types of human weapons including a few types of assault rifles, a shotgun, a sniper rifle, a chaingun and the incredibly effective Gauss Rifle that works wonders for taking down pesky airborne aliens.
With the exception of one or two guns, almost every firearm in Crysis can be customised on the fly; you can bring up a menu and add attachments like a silencer, flashlight or laser pointer. With some assault guns, you can also add a grenade launcher or tranquiliser dart attachment.
Even without the picture-perfect graphics and spectacular technological prowess, Crysis is a great action game that can stand up against any great FPS. The acting and story aren't spectacular, but using the Nanosuit makes this open-ended adventure one that is fun from start to finish. Of course, the game isn't perfect. The multiplayer mode leaves a little to be desired as games can last way too long, but the maps are well thought out and the Nanosuit abilities translate over well to the multiplayer experience. Also, the constant tweaking of system specs needed to get the game running optimally is also a drag, and the average PC gamer will probably find that their system is nowhere near powerful enough to get this beast even up and running to standard.
Still, despite its power hungry ways, Crysis is an enticing adventure all the way through to the end. It's a worthy follow-up to the excellent Far Cry and a great step forward for PC gaming as a whole.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- FTFront-End Developer - BankingVIC
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- TPICT TechnicianVIC
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, website or mobile apps expOther
- FTEnvironmental Planner / Land Access CoordinationOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTC ++ DeveloperNSW
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Integrated Care ProgramQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSAP Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- CCService Desk AnalystACT