EA Games Crysis
- Incredible graphics and cutting-edge technology represent the next level of PC gaming. The Nanosuit abilities enhance the game's open-ended gameplay, game features some of the best enemy A.I. that we have ever seen.
- If you don't own a high-end gaming rig, you won't get the full experience; in fact, you'll have to spend a lot of time making tweaks to the settings to get it running right. DX10 performance is lacklustre: you get great results visually but your system's performance will take a big hit.
Crysis is an enticing adventure all the way through to the end. It's a worthy follow-up to the excellent Far Cry and a great step forward for PC gaming as a whole.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Crytek's AI technology produces enemy responses that are about as realistic as it gets. It's rare to see enemies doing something stupid like standing out in the open or charging your position mindlessly. But more than that, enemies rarely fall into predictable patterns. We're trained as gamers to memorise the movements of our digital foes because for so long, game developers would code in repetitive AI routines; but that's not the case in Crysis. There's a definite sense of unpredictability inherent in the enemy's actions, which adds a welcome sense of realism to the game. Enemies also work together and are much harder to eliminate as a group.
Enemy squads will work in concert to outmanoeuvre you. They will flank your position and use suppressing fire to keep you pinned. The enemy also uses grenades intelligently; rather than hang on to the precious orbs until they die, they'll use them to flush you out of your hiding places. The game's expansive jungle scenery doesn't exactly help either, as the dense cover makes it difficult to pinpoint enemies. It may sound a little unfair but thankfully, you have one ace up your sleeve: the Nanosuit.
The gameplay in Crysis is completely cantered on the use of the Nanosuit. Without the suit and its ability enhancements, you'd be dead in the water but with them, you have just enough of an edge to feel like a badass. The four Nanosuit abilities are well-balanced and you'll definitely find uses for all of them by game's end. The Armor ability toughens your skin, making you more resistant to damage; Speed gives you a jolt of, well, speed, which is useful for quickly closing the distance between you and a foe or for quickly getting yourself out of a hot zone; Strength gives you Herculean-like power and lets you jump higher and further; and lastly, Cloak makes you invisible.
Your abilities drain an energy reserve that slowly replenishes, so you're not superhuman but by skilfully using your powers, you can get enough of an edge to overcome almost any situation. They also allow you to dictate the style of game you want to play. Much like Far Cry, Crysis features an expansive world and how you get to each objective is entirely up to you: you can turn on Armor and bull-rush through enemies or you can activate Cloak and sneak on past.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTMarketing Operations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technology Specialist (Networks)Other
- FTAdvice Trainer / AdministratorOther
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)Other
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectOther
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW