EA Games Crysis
- Incredible graphics and cutting-edge technology represent the next level of PC gaming. The Nanosuit abilities enhance the game's open-ended gameplay, game features some of the best enemy A.I. that we have ever seen.
- If you don't own a high-end gaming rig, you won't get the full experience; in fact, you'll have to spend a lot of time making tweaks to the settings to get it running right. DX10 performance is lacklustre: you get great results visually but your system's performance will take a big hit.
Crysis is an enticing adventure all the way through to the end. It's a worthy follow-up to the excellent Far Cry and a great step forward for PC gaming as a whole.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
When was the last time you upgraded your system? It doesn't matter because you'll probably have to do it again: Crysis is that demanding. But trust us when we say that it will be worth every single penny you spend! Read on for our review of the amazing Crysis!
When it was first formed, Crytek was a little known European developer with big dreams and aspirations. But unlike other upstart companies, they had an ace in the hole: a powerful and impressive graphics engine that they dubbed the CryEngine. The company then went on to prove that they weren't just a bunch of brainiacs with tech skills: they could craft a great gaming experience as well.
Crysis at a glance
With its dense tropical setting, lush level design and advanced enemy A.I., the company's first effort, Far Cry, earned it a heaping dose of well-deserved praise from game critics and gamers alike. Thanks to its early success, the expectations for the company's second game rose to atmospheric heights. The question became clear: could Crytek top Far Cry's visuals, which were widely considered to be some of the best ever seen, and expansive scope?
Well, the answer to that question is here and if you had any doubt about Crytek's abilities, it's time to abandon them -- Crysis is superior to Far Cry in every way that matters: technically, visually and conceptually. Powered by the high-powered CryEngine2, Crysis isn't a game as much as it is a force of (technological) nature.
But outstanding visuals aren't the only thing lurking under the hood: Crysis also features amazingly realistic A.I., an expansive and open-ended world, and intense action that's anchored by the awesome Nanosuit.
Oh but there's so much more so head over to the next page and start your journey towards gaming enlightenment with Chris Morell's in-depth review of Crytek's latest masterpiece!
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSystem AdministratorACT
- FTCloud Engineer - AWSOther
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTAEM DeveloperOther
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTServer SupportSA