E-on Software Vue 7 Infinite/xStream
The latest version of E-on’s Vue line of landscape-generation applications doesn’t add any new types of elements to its collection of tools for creating landscapes, skies, trees, plants and volumetric clouds
- New attributes for EcoSystem generation technology, enhancements to Spectral Engine II clouds, water and import options, improved xStream integration
- More expensive, powerful system required, some features of xStream not consistent across all applications and platforms, steep learning curve for some workflows
The latest version of E-on’s Vue line of landscape-generation applications doesn’t add any new types of elements to its collection of tools for creating landscapes, skies, trees, plants and volumetric clouds. The new version’s features are largely refinements and enhancements.
The latest version of E-on’s Vue line of landscape-generation applications doesn’t add any new types of elements to its collection of tools for creating landscapes, skies, trees, plants and volumetric clouds — so the new version’s features are largely refinements and enhancements.
Like most other CG landscape tools, Vue’s building blocks are the terrains that form mountains, valleys, plains and other geological structures. As well as Standard terrains defined by a grid, or heightmap, Vue offers procedural terrains created from fractal-based mathematical functions. This creates terrain dynamically, according to the distance and position of the camera or viewer, and always looks massively detailed, even when you zoom in.
Vue 7 now offers two groups of presets: Ordinary Procedural Terrains are typically the same size as Standard terrains. The Infinite Terrain presets create procedural terrains that are so large that they can be considered infinite in the space you’re working. In fact, you’re offered the option of completely replacing the ground plane. The only drawback is that they require a lot of computing power.
The terrain editor has been revamped to make it as easy to touch up Procedural Terrains as Standard ones. A Procedural Altitudes tab has been added, and is used to control the output of the altitude function in this type of terrain. Furthermore, you are now able to control procedural terrain altitudes based on their relationships with other objects.
Other procedurally generated elements in Vue 7 include rocks, MetaClouds — basically standalone clouds that can be moved around, rotated and resized just like any other object — and SolidGrowth plants.
As before, SolidGrowth 4 offers a plant editor for creating the initial plant example, before it is procedurally generated to be different each time. It’s possible to animate any parameter in the editor, allowing the creation of effects such as plant growth and decay. You can also apply global wind and breeze effects, as well as individual wind and wind generators. New algorithms have also been added to reduce the flickering effect of plant animations when viewed ‘in the distance’.
Vue 7 ships with a greatly expanded SolidGrowth library, now offering over 70 plant species, as well as a new library of MetaCloud presets. Atmospheres and materials have had a boost too, now offering 160 and 530 presets respectively.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- TPWeb DeveloperACT
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FTSolution Architect - SalesforceOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTPermanent .Net Developer roleACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW