Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Nano
- High Definition TV Tuner, Small design, Excellent performance, Remote control.
- Device heats up quite a bit.
The DVB-T Nano is an incredibly cool and funky device that performs as well as it looks.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
DViCO, world renowned for making high quality digital tuner cards, has recently created their most interesting product to date. The DVB-T Nano is a high definition TV tuner roughly the size of the average USB memory stick. It has all the functionality of a regular tuner card, impressively crammed into an incredibly small package. This is perfect for notebook use, essentially creating a portable PVR.
The Nano is silver in colour and has a USB attachment on one end protected by a retractable white cover. The other end of the unit has an RF antenna port and the top has a blue LED activity light, which glows when the device is receiving transmission.
Installing the Nano is very simple. The device is accompanied by PC software which includes all the drivers needed to run the tuner. Once installed, all you need do is plug in the USB tuner and away you go. On first boot, the PVR software prompts the user to check for local broadcast stations. This process is very speedy and only took around 90 seconds to complete. This is on par with most set top boxes and tuner cards we have reviewed thus far.
We were taken aback by how well the Nano worked. For its size, we were expecting poor quality images and spotty performance but the Nano processed the high definition content perfectly on-the-fly and even recorded without any hassles either. Recordings are made in .tp format, a raw data stream file commonly found in many PVR devices and tuner cards. While .tp files can be played in Windows Media Player, they seemed to work better via the DViCO software.
The DViCO software is well designed and looks very modern while also being functional. The configuration options and channel favourites settings are all easy to use and the time shifting feature works well too. The scheduling is also intuitive and simple to use, with an option to shut down the PC after the scheduled recording is finished. Playing back your recordings isn't as easy as it could have been, but once you know where to look for your files choosing which to play back is a breeze. File locations can also be configured through the software. The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is rather limited due to the poor EPG standards in this country but it can be bolstered extensively by signing up to the ICETV guide.
On top of a high quality product, DViCO also included a small and simple remote control that works perfectly with the Nano. The remote isn't anything new or groundbreaking but it is good to see it included in the package. Overall, we found the Nano simple to use and trouble free. The price tag is a little high for a tuner card but considering it is both high definition and so portable, it is a reasonable cost. However, keep in mind that in order to watch HDTV on the move, you will need to purchase an external antenna, something akin to "rabbit ears".
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- CES 2018: Intel announces new 8th-Gen Vega M-integrated processors
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- BenQ unveils a pair of new ergonomic eSports mice
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerVIC
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst - ContractOther
- FTDatastage Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- CCUser Experience DesignerQLD
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectNSW
- CCUser Experience DesignerNSW
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Designer - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTPerformance and Capacity Management SpecialistOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- FTSenior Functional AnalystOther
- TPIntegration DeveloperACT
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PMO AnalystOther
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Developer (Cerner)QLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther