Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T
- Dual Tuners, Easy set up, Excellent picture quality
- Can't toggle between tuners, Navigation a little cumbersome.
DViCO has provided an efficient internal dual-tuner solution, which will only take up one PCI slot, one USB port and which only requires one antenna input. We loved the fact that we could record or watch two programs simultaneously, but we do wish there was an easier way to toggle between tuners, and we also wish we could un-mute the second tuner while watching the main tuner. Nevertheless, we recommend this product highly if you’re after a neat dual-tuner solution.
Price$ 325.00 (AUD)
DViCO's FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital is the first PCI adapter we have seen to have two digital TV tuners on it. These allow you to record one program while you watch another or to even record two programs simultaneously.
Dual-tuner display is initiated by the picture-in-picture (PIP) feature, which display's the second channel in a muted screen in the corner of the main screen. Toggling between the tuners is cumbersome, however, as it requires venturing into the right-click menu, and toggling while one tuner is recording is not possible. This makes it important to decide which channel you want to record and which one you want to watch, before you start recording. While recording a second channel, the PIP window has to be enabled (visible), otherwise the recording ends. This can be frustrating if you don't want the background recording to distract you from the main program you are watching.
To use this card your PC must have one free PCI slot and one free USB 2.0 port. The USB port is needed for the second tuner, which does not run off the PCI bus. Only one antenna connection is needed though, which makes for a fairly neat installation.
As for image quality, it was excellent. Standard-definition (SD) and High-definition (HD) pictures were clear and not overly saturated and CPU usage was not excessive with DirectX Video Acceleration (DxVA) enabled.
We ran the card on an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ system with 1GB of RAM and a Leadtek GeForce 5900 Ultra graphics adapter. Without PIP enabled, a single SD channel consumed around 10 per cent of the CPU, and an HD channel between 10-20 per cent. With PIP enabled, CPU usage with two SD channels was 15-30 per cent, and with two HD channels it was 40-50 per cent, while one SD and one HD channel consumed 35-45 per cent.
Both tuners found all the available terrestrial channels in the Sydney area and reception was very good while using an antenna and cabling that is well over 20 years old.
The card ships with FusionHDTV software, which features a neat episode guide. It allows you to simply click on a program name to either watch it or record it. Unfortunately, the EPG will only display now and next data by default, which is the most information Australian broadcasters currently provide. FusionHDTV's main panel allows quick access to PIP, timeshifting, input source (the card also has an S-Video port for analog capture) and the EPG, however, the recording scheduler needs to be enabled from the right-click menu.
Physically, the DVB-T Dual Digital is a half-height PCI card with a full-size mounting bracket. Conveniently, it does ship with a half-size mounting bracket, which can be attached if you need the card can fit into slim-line case.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst IEMR Project x 2Other
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- CCCRM Technical ConsultantWA
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTCustomer Service Consultant / Incident Management - TelcoOther
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCProject Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTSolution Designer - WealthOther
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- CCCyber AnalystVIC