DriveSitter Pro delves deep into your hard disk and reports on a mind-boggling amount of information.
- Delivers a wealth of information
- Not free
There is free software (such as Active@ Hard Disk Monitor) that performs similar tasks, so if you don't need to delve extremely deeply, you'll be just as well off with a freebie. But for deep-down analysis, DriveSitter Pro is superior.
Price$ 26.69 (AUD)
Note: the pricing for this product is in US$.
If you want to know in exquisite detail absolutely everything about the functioning of your hard disk — and want to be warned if there's a danger of crashing — you'll want to give DriveSitter Pro a try.
DriveSitter Pro delves deep into your hard disk and reports on a mind-boggling amount of information. Be aware, though, that much of the information will be incomprehensible to the uninitiated, and that if you don't need this level of detail, the registration price of US$25 is overkill.
DriveSitter Pro does a very good job of starting with the basics, showing you basic such as your disk manufacturer, capacity, free space, type of file system (NTFS or FAT), serial number, and more.
In addition, DriveSitter Pro reports on the overall health and performance of your hard disk, and even provides you the current temperature, so that you can be warned if it's in danger of overheating or crashing.
That, though, is just the beginning. With DriveSitter Pro you'll also see exquisitely detailed information about disk performance and other metrics, most of which you may or may not understand, such as Raw Read Error Rate, Spin-up Time, and Power-ups Count.
And it offers much more than that, with weird-sounding statistics such as Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count. And there are plenty of statistics that are merely listed as "unknown attribute".
Note that in order for DriveSitter to get the most information and statistics possible from your drive, the drive must adhere to S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) hard disk technology. Most newer hard disks do, but the best way to find out is to install this software, and see what it finds out.
If you understand these kinds of statistics, you'll most likely love DriveSitter Pro. If not, you may not be a fan, although its ability to watch the health of your hard disk is useful even for those who don't understand most of the arcane statistics.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- How Australian organisations can prevent cybercrime from taking a toll on their network
- Dyno Introduces Modular, Motorized Camera Slider System for GoPros, Small Cameras and Smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTIT Contract ManagerWA
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- FTNet DeveloperOther
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTNet DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- CCSystems AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW