- Tiny, easy to use, plug and play
- Nothing to speak of
The DPandA TV-Stick is a terrific little TV tuner that is perfect for plugging into your notebook. It's also ideal for those of us who don't like venturing into the unknown innards of a PC enclosure to install a PCI device.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
The DPandA TV-Stick is tiny, measuring less than 10cm in length. It plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port. The bandwidth the USB 2.0 interface provides is enough for HDTV support, and this tuner displays HD channels without any qualms.
The TV-Stick installed faultlessly on our test system. Its supplied software interface is the same as the Hauppauge Nova-t. It supports scheduled recording, timeshifting and is a very easy and stable program to use.
Even though the unit we looked at was a pre-production model, it tuned into all the available channels in our area and displayed them very well. In fact, we experienced no problems at all during testing this little marvel.
Physically, the unit plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port and the antenna cable plugs into the other end of the device. Because the TV-Stick's thickness may interfere with the ports either side of the one it is plugged into, and because the antenna cable you use may be slightly heavy, a USB extension cable may be necessary.
The DPandA TV-Stick is perfect for notebook users and for those of you who don't want a bulky external TV tuner.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Java developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- TP2 x Business Process Improvement Analyst | UtilitiesQLD
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Revenue Mgmt Systems ExperienceOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Corporate SuperOther
- TPService Desk OperatorACT
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- FTSenior Data AnalystQLD
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- FTQA EngineerNSW
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- CCWintel Server & SOE EngineerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperSA
- CCHyperion Reporting Analyst - Contract initially - Large Telco in SydneyNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- CCIB2B Developer - Telecom clientVIC
- FTTechnical Lead UnixOther
- FTSystems Support and Implementation OfficerQLD