Domino's Pizza iPhone app
Not content with phone and Internet orders, Domino's now allows you to order pizza on your iPhone
- Well designed, good graphics, easy to use, can browse full menu including sides, tracker status, voucher redemption
- Doesn't use location services, no classic value pizzas on menu, no extra sauce or half/half options
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app has a couple of missing features, but if you regularly order pizza then this app is excellent; the missing functions will more than likely be added in future updates. This app is intuitive to use and well designed.
As ordering fast food over the phone or through a Web browser clearly isn't enough, Domino's Pizza Australia has developed and released an iPhone application that allows you to order pizza on your smartphone. Offering a distinct advantage over phone orders — the ability to browse the full menu — the Domino's Pizza iPhone app is excellently designed and well executed.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to order pick-up or home delivery but strangely doesn't take advantage of the iPhone's location services when doing so. This means you have to manually enter your address for home delivery or the suburb for pick-up. Being able to quickly find the nearest Domino's store using GPS would have been a useful inclusion. Conveniently, frequent users can create a profile that saves address information.
You can browse most of the Domino's menu on the iPhone app, including pastas and salads, extras like garlic breads and chicken wings, drinks and deserts. Detail is excellent, and this is one of the better looking iPhone apps we've reviewed. When choosing individual pizzas the app allows the selection of sauce and crust and you can add and remove toppings as you please. Domino's also includes a "hot offers" menu — for example three pick-up pizzas for $18.00. Simply add the offer to your order and then select your pizzas.
Missing from the iPhone app menu are Domino's "Classic Value" pizzas, which include Hawaiian, Simply Cheese, beef and onion, Toni Pepperoni and margherita. Domino's claims the reason for the exclusion is the price difference between these pizzas and the rest of the range and the fact that they wanted to make the app available on the App Store as soon as possible. We expect to see these pizzas added in an update, and in the meantime you can create your own pizzas using the "designa" feature.
Once you've placed an order, the Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to track its progress. Unfortunately, you can only do this by leaving the app open. If you're in the middle of an order and close the app, the unfinished order remains when you open the app again.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app doesn't currently support extra sauce or half cheese options, though you can redeem vouchers. All vouchers work except for value range vouchers, though these will be added in a future update.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive / Content ProducerNSW